Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

How things look there today. I drive by under the rail overpass with some frequency.....The key is to avoid getting hit by the street car and all the wholesome girls on bicycles. The locals do not want you to drive in Berlin, but I have to get from Prenzlauer Allee to Potsdam on my own schedule.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

Here is an aerial view of Alex in 1935 as the locale was modernized, and the bicycle girls I so admire, with their wonderful long blonde hair and trim physique were present in another age. When you drive by them, if they don't smash into you, then you get a sense of their marvelous physique from a fetching view point....you see.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

This is one of the purposeful women near the Reichstag today. The television tower in the back is the locale of the historical pictures I have included of Alexanderplatz.

Berlin is a truly great city, human, and endlessly interesting.

PS. Maybe this woman's relatives have a complete black SS uniform, but you should not ask her, because she will slug you or have you arrested. I do not discuss my interests with the locals, actually, since there are more interesting aspects to life, really. Don't you think? None of these people is wearing a hat, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

?

A few hours research this morning revealed some interesting information about the former L.V.A building on 16/18 Puttkamer straße.

It's currently the transport licence office for the Landesamt für Bürger- und Ordnungsangelegenheiten (LABO). I think this might the building in centre of the photo.

There also use to be Maschinenfabrik company, Erhard & Gehner next door at number 15 and just around the corner at 217 Friedrichstraße, the Berliner Büstenfabrik company is still there and has been since 1932. Berliner Bstenfabrik. - So erreichen Sie uns

One also notes that this neighborhood was in eastern Berlin from the time of the division of the city in the wake of the II World War until October 1990 and the unification of the Germanies.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-04-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Courtesy of Ben VK, the first pic I have seen of a WH visor being worn in postwar Germany:
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Great shot, Stone.

?

Some interesting images from 1946/47.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

?

Thanks for these great images, Ben.

?

My pleasure, I do so enjoy looking at period photos. You just can't argue with them!

Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast