Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I have never seen a black SS cap from the Fa. Hoffmann, in fact.
    I don't think I have either. If anyone has a black cap with the Hersteller #10, that will be a Hoffmann.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

I have surely seen NSDAP PL caps from this firm, as well as Wehrmacht caps in their number, but no black SS caps. This fact means nothing and underscores the point that the handful of caps that endure into the present in no way definitively reflect the variety of these objects in the fullness of time.
    Thanks again to Ben for his technical mastery of this intriguing source which is far more than a quarry for old advertisements, as if same really tell us much about the world in which these objects were created and by whom.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

?

In the 1938, 15th of October UM issue, there are at least 10 pages devoted to Herr Hoffmann and his views on the Mutzenindustrie...."Die Auserstehung der Uniformmützen-Industrie ist dem nationalen Umbruch zu verdanken."!! He was "Leiter der Vereinigung Deutscher Mützenfabrikanten" and judging by the photos of his firm in 38, there were hundreds of hats being made there every day yet if anyone cares to search online for a Hoffmann cap, you will find very few examples plus just a few more marked "Berolina". Compared to a Pekuro or EreL Sonderklasse, a Hoffmann cap is quite the rarity nowadays and I find that quite extraordinary.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    In the 1938, 15th of October UM issue, there are at least 10 pages devoted to Herr Hoffmann and his views on the Mutzenindustrie...."Die Auserstehung der Uniformmützen-Industrie ist dem nationalen Umbruch zu verdanken."!! He was "Leiter der Vereinigung Deutscher Mützenfabrikanten" and judging by the photos of his firm in 38, there were hundreds of hats being made there every day yet if anyone cares to search online for a Hoffmann cap, you will find very few examples plus just a few more marked "Berolina". Compared to a Pekuro or EreL Sonderklasse, a Hoffmann cap is quite the rarity nowadays and I find that quite extraordinary.
    Auferstehung. The revival/resurrection of the cap industry from the national revolution, i.e. the Nazi party and state. I have a nice "Berlonia" infantry officer's cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Auferstehung
    Damn those Fraktur "s" and "f" !!

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    In the 1938, 15th of October UM issue, there are at least 10 pages devoted to Herr Hoffmann and his views on the Mutzenindustrie.
    Here's a snippet of that articule. I'm trying to convert a bit here and there as time allows.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interesting how he gets 11 pages. He must have been very well-connected. While his hats are ok, I do not put them in the top 10.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    He must have been very well-connected.
    He was Chris!. He was Chairman of the Association of the German Cap Industry and the UM really do kiss his arse! No doubt due to UM contributions on his behalf and his impeccable Party connections. When you say that his hats are ok, that could very well be due to his statements and ethos about affordability and a fair price for the consumer, maker and suppliers. If you disregard the blatent antisemitism within most of these articules, Hoffmann and his theories on fair trade are quite enlightening.
    In terms of other well connected characters, it soon becomes apparent whilst browsing UM that there were a well celebrated group of appointed people that represented every facet of the German uniform industry. In some issues, there are photos of them at their annual assocation gatherings and functions all having a wonderful time and no doubt rubbing their collective hands together at the thought of raking in so much money from the Uniform industry. These are the movers and shakers of the industry, most of which are hardly if ever mentioned nowadays.
    Hoffmann was just another small time hat maker as far as I was concerned until I got hold of the UM and I can count the mumber of Hoffmann marked schirmmutzen that I have seen on one hand.

?

Luckily I have quite a bit of spare time to go through the UM at present. It's amazing what you can find!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

?

A pleasing discovery. The Holters establishment shop sign!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 ... LastLast