Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Chris,
    Thank you for posting the exhibition images and the link. The images represent not only an illuminating view of the contemporary high regard for uniforms and accoutrements but also a testament to the web's extraordinary ability to constantly offer up information.
    Good addition,
    d'alquen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

I have seen many army Tellermuetzen in my time, and I wonder how these illustrated here were marked, which is a stupid, silly little point. These objects were also made well into the war, whereas the ones I have seen in a life time of collecting have tended to be from the years of the peace time build up of the Wehrmacht, i.e. 1935-1939. Maybe all these things remained in situ in central and eastern Europe and vanished there in turn. Of no account. Thanks again for the compelling images. This kind of propaganda was typical of Nazi treatment of the occupation in the Generalgouvernement and the parts of Poland annexed outright to the Reich.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

?

Some images of the workshops themselves.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik  
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

?

These two images are of particular interest. The machinists seem to be sewing together tropical Fliegermutzen and on the completed product table we see them on show but only one seems to have an eagle attached no doubt due to the limited quantities of this type eagle being available at the time.

We know that tropical Fliegermutzen were made in the Warsaw Ghetto because of examples like this one shown which has the Transferstelle mark on the lining but now we know they were also made in Lodz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Thanks to all for the very revealing and compelling further data. Such is a fine adjunct to what is in UM about the textile trade, the period prior to 1933 in same as seen through Nazi eyes of such persons as Assmann and Hoffmann, and what not. Of course, most of the persons you see here in these images of Litzmannstadt probably were then all murdered.
    Thanks to colleagues for a fine addition to this already significant and highly informative thread.

?

Nothing to do with hats except that all the kids are wearing them but what on earth was in these cornets that seemed so so popular in Germany in the 20/30's?

Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik 

Those are Schultüten; children get them for their first day in school. They are filled with sweets and fruits, sometimes small gifts like school utensils - e.g. pens etc. - and are still very much in use today. (Come to think of it, I still remember that mine back in 1977 was blue.)

Of course, these days, the available designs have changed compared to those of the 1930s...: http://www.scrio.de/Ebay/AuctionS-eb...zenset-7er.jpg
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-08-2011 at 09:15 PM.

?

Fascinating! such a concept is totaly alien to me. We have nothing like that where I come from.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Fascinating! such a concept is totaly alien to me. We have nothing like that where I come from.
    It is very German and Austrian and a nice practice still operating in all its glory. You have to spend more time on the Continent beyond the Rhine.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

?

This is what we used to get as kids! Muetzenfabrik

Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast