Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

I have got to page eight and I felt like commenting,
    I have been meaning to read this thread, but I dare say you need to have alot of time prepared if you are going to read it, unless you want to take breaks every several pages.

Though I like minty items, I quite enjoy bad conditioned items as when they have holes you get to see inside the cap inside the craftwork.

Here is a german war time wedding, including all sorts of caps, from the top hat to the soldier's caps down the aisle.
    MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

But I do say that most caps one day will turn to nothing like thier cork and foam comfort bands.

Happy new-year gentlemen,
    Patrick Lewis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    I have got to page eight and I felt like commenting,
    I have been meaning to read this thread, but I dare say you need to have alot of time prepared if you are going to read it, unless you want to take breaks every several pages.

Though I like minty items, I quite enjoy bad conditioned items as when they have holes you get to see inside the cap inside the craftwork.

Here is a german war time wedding, including all sorts of caps, from the top hat to the soldier's caps down the aisle.
    MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

But I do say that most caps one day will turn to nothing like thier cork and foam comfort bands.

Happy new-year gentlemen,
    Patrick Lewis
    Thank you for posting, Pat. Just what I need to cheer myself up a bit now! Happy New Year!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

Here is some cigars that were produced in Germany and sold in Ireland. or it could be the other way round. I found them while looking in the old garden shed at my grandads house.

I though I would share them.

MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

cheers,
    Patrick

Very nice thank. Read the Wilkins book and then read this thread. This thread is not especially linear, but then knowledge is never neat.
    This medium is scattered and it requires extra effort to make a story out of it, for it is a panoptikum.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very nice thank. Read the Wilkins book and then read this thread. This thread is not especially linear, but then knowledge is never neat.
    This medium is scattered and it requires extra effort to make a story out of it, for it is a panoptikum.
    Knowledge is never neat indeed, my friend. They are ready to lynch me in the Imperial Germany & Austria-Hungary section of the forum now I believe - I tried to make a point that was utterly misunderstood and twisted around to be something it is not. Of course you know this experience already, F-B.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

Quote by KSH View Post
    Knowledge is never neat indeed, my friend. They are ready to lynch me in the Imperial Germany & Austro-Hungary section of the forum now I believe - I tried to make a point that was utterly misunderstood and twisted around to be something it is not. Of course you know this experience already, F-B.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    As you say. I know all too well, and have wasted far too much time with the attempt to make the plate of pasta linear, to no good end. all the best to Norway, FB

?

MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

Knowledge is power, but it could also be the opposite.

regards,
    Patrick

I wonder if either of you could please delve into those discs and post a page from UM for me. I would like to check Number 15 from August 1, 1939 page 229. The citation should lead to a mention or description of the SS white cap.
    Many thanks and Happy New Year,
    d'alquen

Muetzenfabrik
    Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I wonder if either of you could please delve into those discs and post a page from UM for me. I would like to check Number 15 from August 1, 1939 page 229. The citation should lead to a mention or description of the SS white cap.
    Many thanks and Happy New Year,
    d'alquen
    Happy new year, and a small gift, as I owe you whole thing and have no time to make it, at all.
    This describes the introduction of the SS white tunic and the wear of a white or black cap.
    I am not going to translate this all now, but perhaps later. The white tunic was to be made in a lined, or unlined version, the latter of which could be washed, versus the former, which required chemical cleaning. Such a fact should also strike terror into the hearts of stitch Taliban who imagine that the insignia stayed on the tunic forever....mention is made of the removable insignia for such a white tunic, though.

You can see that the white cap was to have a removable, washable cover, and otherwise caps were to be made with an attached cover, too.

The article also suggest that the textiles for said tunic were to be gotten from RZM or Kleiderkasse SS.

This item emerged in the last weeks of peace, obviously from this notice, and makes plain why the onset of war would make these things so rare.Muetzenfabrik

The list of SS textiles is from the Kleiderkasse SS catalog of late 1940.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-01-2012 at 03:36 AM.

I have had no time to read all of these beyond about 1936, so thank you for directing my attention to this. It is astonishing how much wonderful knowledge about the process of uniform making, especially in its social and political dimensions, are in this source.

For example, here are the young women who made the embroidered insignia that cause such a stir nowadays, and I am sure that their skill can be matched by few or no imitator of the 21st century. Muetzenfabrik

Reichsberufswettkampf was a co event of the HJ/BdM and DAF for the training of the best specialized artisans and workers in these needed areas of the textile trade as well as other facets of industry and trades.Muetzenfabrik
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast