Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first Luftwaffe cap

Article about: Was out at an antique show this weekend and picked up my first Luft NCO cap. I've posted it in barn finds but I felt it should have its own post. It was flat as a pancake and was missing its

?

Default My first Luftwaffe cap

Was out at an antique show this weekend and picked up my first Luft NCO cap. I've posted it in barn finds but I felt it should have its own post. It was flat as a pancake and was missing its cockade and eagle. The dealer had the cockade but didn't know that they went together. She thought it was a US cap. Well as soon as I saw it I told her she was going to cost me money. I showed her what they go for and she gave me a good deal. I added the eagle when I got home . I think its looking very good. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Luftwaffe cap   My first Luftwaffe cap  

My first Luftwaffe cap   My first Luftwaffe cap  

My first Luftwaffe cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Luftwaffe cap
    P
    Many

Well done, it's for the communications branch.

?

Karl thanks for the information . Gary

MAP
    ?

Nice visor

....but I really want one of the hat shaper thingys. Is there a name for them?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

DRK
    ?

Nice Original Carl Halfar visor , well done
    But I hope you didn't put too much tension on the inside of the cap ?

Best ,

Theo

Nice cap Gary.

The leather chinstrap wants to be in front of the winged cockade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice cap, well done. I dont know why she thought it was US, its marked Berlin! Its amazing how people sometimes just dont look at items.

?

Hi guys thanks for taking the time and looking. Michael I don't know the real name for the cap form but I've had it for years and it works great. Theo slow and steady on the stretching . Ade at this time the winged cockade is just sitting there. As soon as it is back to shape I will put everything where it belongs. Doug my friend is not interested in military so when ever she gets items in she has me look at them. This cap was in with other US items and was flat I wish I took some before photos with my camera. I have two on my cell but I cant get them on the computer. Gary

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Nice cap, well done. I dont know why she thought it was US, its marked Berlin! Its amazing how people sometimes just dont look at items.
    Well, there's a Berlin here in Pennsylvania; it's where they make Snyder's potato chips. We also have a Paris in Penna. as well.
    Since I'm such a cosmopolitan traveler, I've been to both.!

BobS