Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze

Article about: Hi, This cap has the signs of a very tough life, both from heavy wear during the war and from bad storage post war. Some of you might think that it's too beaten up, however I love it! Of cou

Default My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze

Hi,

This cap has the signs of a very tough life, both from heavy wear during the war and from bad storage post war. Some of you might think that it's too beaten up, however I love it! Of course I hate what the moths have done to it, and I'd love to have a talk to the "Muppet" who once "painted" the visor.

However, even if fragile, the condition is more solid than it might appear.
    I had it for months before I dared to (very carefully) look under the sweat band. There was a nice surprise! A name! "Norman Albriger" I believe it says. I wonder who this guy was (is)... It doesn't sound German, so I assume it's the GI who once brought it to the States who wrote his name in it. However, if it is a GI's name, he must have worn the cap and sweat a lot in it... Who knows, maybe there was an SS-man named Norman after all.
    If it only could talk.

P.S The matching Assmann insignia was attached by me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze   My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze  

My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze   My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze  

My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze   My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: My (half) WSS em/NCO's Schirmmütze

Very nice, a rare cap. These grey enlisted caps are very difficult to find. Bravo.

Anders,

Original is original! I would rather have your original hat than many of those I see offered on the internet and from dealers. Original is the first concern. Because someonw was not careful in storeage is not so important. I am sure the owner of the hat had other pressing needs, more than preserving a hat.

Congratulations. There is nothing wrong with your hat and I would be proud to own it.

Bob Hritz

SS Ring Man
    ?

At this ponit in the game any item you get and as long as it's real is a good thing

?

I prefer the items like your- with a age traces, the items like that I prefer to keep in the collection.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you very much for your kind words, Gentlemen. I'm happy you like it!

Wich part was painted?

Greetz

Nick VR

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Wich part was painted?

Greetz

Nick VR
    If you look at the visor itself, you can see traces of black paint.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Anders,

Original is original! I would rather have your original hat than many of those I see offered on the internet and from dealers. Original is the first concern. Because someonw was not careful in storeage is not so important. I am sure the owner of the hat had other pressing needs, more than preserving a hat.

Congratulations. There is nothing wrong with your hat and I would be proud to own it.

Bob Hritz
    I second my colleague in the desert. This fetish or conceit for things without age or wear is peculiar. Even the scarcely used grey enlisted caps I have seen show some sign of the march of time. You have no need to make apologies. We share your pleasure in your regalia.

?

NORMAN

is a beautiful male first name of Old German origin. The name meaning is "northerner". Normando is used in Spain.

Norman has 5 different versions: Norm, Normand, Normando, Normen and Normie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast