Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold These things are old, and they were used before we got them. I am not really a proponent of the unused object as the non plus ultra. I have seen enough real, live Germa

Default My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??

Hey guys, below for your perusal is my new Heer visor. It is sporting somewhat ambiguous piping due to significant fading. The opinion of myself and the seller is Admin most likely but I cannot be 100% sure.

Apologies for the poor photographs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??   My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  

My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??   My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  

My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??   My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  

My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??

I share your analysis. It is a cap for a Heeresbeamter.

I would also agree.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the input FB and Ade. If you two are confirming my thought than there is no doubt I made the right assumption.

This cap here used to be mine in another life....

Like many other things of value, I found it in Vienna.

I sold it to a high end dealer, who sold it, in turn, for three times what he paid me....

I had an even nicer one than this, in fact, which I sold as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger?? 

That is a fine cap--finer than my own which is regrettably missing a large part of the sweat band. The dealer will make his money--hopefully whoever is in possession of it now is even half as worthy an owner as you.

Below is the piping from the back, usually partially concealed. It is somewhat less faded and I believe leaves no doubt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    That is a fine cap--finer than my own which is regrettably missing a large part of the sweat band. The dealer will make his money--hopefully whoever is in possession of it now is even half as worthy an owner as you.

Below is the piping from the back, usually partially concealed. It is somewhat less faded and I believe leaves no doubt.
    Thank you for the kind words. I enabled said dealer to make a great deal of money and then grew tired of the lopsided arrangement.

I only have a few army caps left, which is not exactly my collecting forte. I once had many. I kept the other Pz caps in this picture and the Generalstaebler and sold off all the rest... The Heeresbeamter (also Lubstein) is on the left side of this image. It went, too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??  

The panzer visor off to the right looks particularly nice to me. I think it's the combination bullion wreath with solid alloy cockade. I admire the exhaustive intricacy of the bullion stitched wreaths over their stamped counterparts, though the cockades--as evidenced by the cap front and center, as well as the visor of initial inquiry--seem to have a penchant for unraveling.

I don't know where a piece of my visor's breed (even in better condition) would fit among that striking family in the prospective acquirer's eye, though I know panzers are quite desirable and rightfully so.

Whether the original owner of my cap worried about his cockade coming loose while shuffling paper about--these things, admittedly, I tend wonder about more.

Thanks for sharing.

These things are old, and they were used before we got them.
    I am not really a proponent of the unused object as the non plus ultra.
    I have seen enough real, live German soldiers wearing beat up hats to know that such a thing is an entirely normal part of military life, to say nothing of war time.

History shows signs of wear, and basta, really.

Yours is an authentic cap, it is yours now, and you should treasure it. We salute it.

The endless consumerist comparisons are pointless, especially because there are the terrible simplifiers and manipulators who make us want more and more, when, in reality, what we have is more than sufficient. The key is the thing be really of the era, and that is all that matters. The endless fuss about conditions becomes all too droll, really.

The cavalry cap in the picture above was a Holters, and quite, quite rare at that. But I sold it, too.

Happy headwear and congratulations on your fine cap of which you should be proud. May you secure and treasure many more, indeed.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These things are old, and they were used before we got them.
    I am not really a proponent of the unused object as the non plus ultra.
    I have seen enough real, live German soldiers wearing beat up hats to know that such a thing is an entirely normal part of military life, to say nothing of war time.

History shows signs of wear, and basta, really.

Yours is an authentic cap, it is yours now, and you should treasure it. We salute it.

The endless consumerist comparisons are pointless, especially because there are the terrible simplifiers and manipulators who make us want more and more, when, in reality, what we have is more than sufficient. The key is the thing be really of the era, and that is all that matters. The endless fuss about conditions becomes all too droll, really.

The cavalry cap in the picture above was a Holters, and quite, quite rare at that. But I sold it, too.

Happy headwear and congratulations on your fine cap of which you should be proud. May you secure and treasure many more, indeed.
    Well said FB, much the same to you. It has a nice place next to my grandfather's old crusher. Maybe the ghosts of the former owners will exchange stories of the war I long to know but never will.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast