Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new Reichspost visor

Article about: My newest addition just arrived in the mail today. Just thought I'd show it off. Any opinions would be most welcome. Thanks. Todd

Default My new Reichspost visor

My newest addition just arrived in the mail today. Just thought I'd show it off. Any opinions would be most welcome. Thanks.

Todd

My new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Reichspost visor
    P
    Many

Good late-war Pekuro.
    Eagle is technically incorrect, but many different types were used, so no problem there.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hi

Nice cap with character !

cheers

Tony

Default reichspost visor cap clemens wagner

hi all

This is my first reichspost schirmmutze. I have a few questions on my mind. I do believe this is a late war example of a reichspost cap. Some things just seem a bit odd to me. First of all the lack of a clearly visible maker mark. Usually the material it is covered with wil be able to tell you whether it's a good one or not. secondly the material used to make the inner part of this cap does not look like what i've seen on other ones... the eagle looks very detailed, good sign , but it's condition is almost to good to be true. The overall condition of the cap is very good but the visor itself had e realy rough time. The age doesn't seem to match with the rest of the cap. The biggest question is yet to come: 2 strange clemens wagner stamps. 1 of them seems to have been misapplied. They do not look very convincing to me. I don't know what to think about this cap, all input will be greatly appreciated.

My new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visor

You have a nice late-war Postal cap by Clemens Wagner--nothing wrong with it at all.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

My new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorMy new Reichspost visorThe crappy laquer on the peak is very typical of caps made by less skilled personnel, but also of AUTHENTIC caps made by less skilled personnel in the rigors of wartime.

The tendency via the internet to whip one's self into a frenzy about these things we should all stoutly resist. Too much authentic material is trashed for no reason whatsoever.

As Mr. Mint says, this is an authentic cap, as he knows this material far better than do I.
    Attached Images Attached Images My new Reichspost visor 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-18-2016 at 03:49 AM.

My new Reichspost visorSee the lacquer on this cap which is also likely of Wagner make.

Even before the war, Wagner had subcontractors at work on orders.

One can imagine that as the war worsened and skilled labor was drafted, that who ever made the lacquer peaks became a second or third rater.