Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My new SS VT Schirmmütze

Article about: Here is a recent pickup, I would like to share with everyone. Mario

Default re: My new SS VT Schirmmütze

Thanks,William this was purchased from a private collector who has owned it for a very long time, I have been hunting for some time to find the right one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new SS VT Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

I'm surprised at the lack of comments about this hat.
    The term "one looker" is obviously over used but I cant think of a better way to describe this one.
    Well done on your purchase, grey NCO caps in this nice condition are not easy to find at all.

Thanks BenVK it is a nice addition to my collection. Working on an officers next.

Please show us the officer's cap when you secure it. Ben is quite right as concerns these NCO enlisted caps in good shape. They are usually battered. Yours is in fine shape.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-03-2013 at 06:11 PM.

A wonderful cap in exceptional condition. It reminds me of the first example I ever owned, which a veteran had aquired at a Kreigsmarine base where the owner was evidently involved in some form of security.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I am confused with the cap experts here.... can you tell you " it's original in 100% ! " just with these pics without a hand inspection ?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    I am confused with the cap experts here.... can you tell you " it's original in 100% ! " just with these pics without a hand inspection ?
    If you have handled quite a few original examples, the shape, material, piping installation and interior all match what one would expect to see in an original period hat. The fakers have yet perfected their art thus this cap is easy to recognize as a genuine article.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

[QUOTE=BOB COLEMAN;949744]If you have handled quite a few original examples..." Bob has been doing this here longer than any of us, and his collection was already memorialized in print in the 1960s.....

When an advanced collector picks up a new piece,one can generally imagine that the inspection of it has already been performed. This hat was not presented for authentication here but simply for display. From the excellent photos-photos that cover all of the "critical points", this hat, as they say, "checks all the boxes".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I a sure everyone this visor is good by the history were it was obtained from, its a sweat one. And its had many inspections buy the best.
    Friedrich I will be sure to post the officers early next month.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Mario.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast