Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My new visor

Article about: Great caps in wonderful condition. Who was the maker of the infantry cap?

Default Re: My new visor

Phil, please show your Arty Waffe ss cap !!!

thanks
    Sebastien.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new visor
    P
    Many

Without further images, it is impossible to make a judgement on Phil's hat. Although they exist, genuine branch piped SS caps are rarer than chicken teeth.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

the Waffen ss colored cap are a real holy grail, 500-1000 good caps in the world exist now I think...

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    the Waffen ss colored cap are a real holy grail, 500-1000 good caps in the world exist now I think...

My friend, I think your estimate is optimisitic. I know a lot of people in the hobby over 40+ years. I know of less than ten in collections that are genuine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

On the theme of army caps, one of mine that has gone a glimmering..
    It was a nice cap, and it was authentic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new visor  

I also owned this piece, but it found a new home via a glamor dealer... I actually owned three of these, but sold them all to finance another cap. In real life they are somewhat different than in the abstract, as it were. Probably selling these in 2006 at 50% of today's price was a mistake, but I am always short sighted.

Here is another view of the cap in post # 18. It was from a cap maker in Neuruppin, in the Mark Brandenburg which was locale to one of the first Pz garrisons. A very attractive cap, indeed.

On the theme of early Tellermuetzen, here is one of my former caps now for sale on a prestige website.

It is a very rare piece. It is no longer my property.

Experts will recognize its significance.

I shall leave to others the search for the Loch Ness monster that is the grey SS cap with colored Waffenfarbe. Real examples do exist, but my chances of finding one without heart break are slim.

Hi "FB", that is a super cap. Weimar era caps are indeed rare beasts! In 30 odd years of collecting I don't think I have ever seen one to examine in hand. I think photos of extant caps are also rare to see.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you. Like so many things, I sold it. A sign of decline and collapse to fit the present era. However, the present owner is now selling it, too which bespeaks something. This piece was found at Babelsberg twenty or so years ago by a well known dealer renowned for such things, that is, the film studio. It is an early model, ca. 1923 or so model of Rw cap for motorized troops, such as they were in the Reichswehr without real armor. Many of the caps he found were disfigured later with Nazi cap badges, which is a pity. The one above is an exception with its authentic Weimar era badges.

I also sold a nazified Rw (done at the proper moment...i.e. 1934 or so..) infantry cap for an officer with a wonderful interior. It is attached here. It is also again for sale. A very handsome and rare cap. Neither of which has the forehead pressure system or a vented cockade, but both are much more rare and significant, in fact. Both are handsome pieces in a fine state of preservation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast