Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My new visor

Article about: Great caps in wonderful condition. Who was the maker of the infantry cap?

Default Re: My new visor

Great caps in wonderful condition. Who was the maker of the infantry cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new visor
    P
    Many

The makers of both of these Weimar period caps are known to the great hat maker in the sky, but not to us mortals. Neither is marked, save for the infantry one to the Offizierkleiderkasse in Berlin. Whether Lubstein made said caps in the late 1920s and early 1930s for the army clothing cooperative, that is prior to 1933, is unknown to me. I am not a Lubstein fanatic like the others here.

What I do know is both caps are very rare, interesting, and in a high state of preservation. The cadre of these men were the authors of Blitzkrieg and the embodiment of the elite, 100,000 man military of the 1st German Republic.

They are for sale with Grenadier Militaria in so. California with a dealer of fine reputation. He advertises here. I normally do not plug wares, but in his case the plug is highly warranted.
    Attached Images Attached Images My new visor 

I had never been to the Grenadier Militaria but it wasn't bad. Some of the paper and photo stuff was more expensive than I expected to see but the caps looked good. I keep hoping to find a nice Luftwaffe NCO cap.

In my experience, a Lw NCO peaked cap is not especially rare. I sold off a heap of mint flight and signals ones for a small sum several years ago. Grenadier had several too, as do the other leading dealers. Whether these things are worth today's prices, I shall not comment. However, such a cap is fairly common.

Here is another view of my ex Pz beret. I hope it has a nice home, free of u v rays, dust, moths, etc. It was a Carl Halfar, Berlin. I owned a Lubstein, this Halfar, and a C Wagner one, too. But no more....
    It was a nice piece, with a slight patina, but otherwise in excellent plus condition and full of history.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new visor  

Nice!
    If that fine cap is anything to go by i can't wait to see the rest of her husband's collection.May he rest in peace and god love him for preserving such nice item's Could you possibly ask her if you could photograph the item's?Let her know she could make a small fortune by selling them.The trumpet banner alone could be worth 15k
    Tom

ssusanna0785
    ?

this one is up for sale now. price £719 $1022
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new visor   My new visor  

My new visor   My new visor  

My new visor   My new visor  

Nice cap, but a tad overpriced I think

ssusanna0785
    ?

maybe i'm new in buisness don't know much about prices. this hat is for sale from one of my suppliers. he is normally ok. but you lot are experts. thanks

No ones an expert, a lot of people claim to be, I am not one of them.
    I look at an item, and put a price on it. I have to. This is a nice flight cap, but to sell it, and not keep it to look at, I would price it at around £550 MAX, if you look on my site, I have just sold a MINT sheely Inf cap, for not even that!
    Maybe its me thats out of touch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast