Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Panzer Caps.

Article about: Tonight's photo essay: my hats from the Panzerwaffe des Heeres. My side caps were recently posted in other threads with the respective wraps, so no need to throw them in tonight. Instead I s

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Bachmann's Witwe is always nice to see. I had a signals cap of this make, and also a beautifully crafted hat. Pleasant not just a heap of Lubstein thingies,
    too. I have several Pz caps. They more or less are the first thing I saw in the very first gun show I went to in the late 1960s, and the psychedelic pink set off by field grey has always stayed with me.Attachment 1203542Attachment 1203543Attachment 1203544Attachment 1203545
    A nice group of caps FB! The odd man out is the bluish hue on the fourth cap in the picture on that sharp table. An interesting example. I hadn't recalled your interest in the panzer head gear. Thanks for getting them out and sharing them!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Panzer Caps.
    P
    Many

Quote by carpediem View Post
    A nice group of caps FB! The odd man out is the bluish hue on the fourth cap in the picture on that sharp table. An interesting example. I hadn't recalled your interest in the panzer head gear. Thanks for getting them out and sharing them!
    The fourth cap is a general staff cap, and a August Mueller of exceptionally nice make. I have owned it for a long time, and it is a prized possession.
    Maybe too prized, as all these things are deteriorating despite my best efforts to keep them.My Panzer Caps.

Here is a Bachmann's Witwe black SS enlisted cap of early make.

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Terrific assortment! I see a CW; Bachmanns & a Sprengpfeil....
    Yes sir! The Sprengfeil is the one I showed you a while back for confirmation of the maker. Always appreciate your expertise.

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    The one on the bottom right looks like officer quality. That's no EM issued visor. Somebody knew a quality hat maker...
    Beautiful, all of them
    D.
    Yes sir. It's the Bachmann's (private maker/purchase) hat and is doeskin. It sadly has some insect damage to the bottom edges but it came with my Schuetzen Regiment 1 Waffenrock and the seller claimed they are both to the same soldier - I have no proof only the word of the German seller - so I have kept it all these years after buying it at a show in Germany in 1993.

TWS
    ?

The Bachmann's Witwe is always nice to see. I had a signals cap of this make, and also a beautifully crafted hat. Pleasant not just a heap of Lubstein thingies,
    too. I have several Pz caps. They more or less are the first thing I saw in the very first gun show I went to in the late 1960s, and the psychedelic pink set off by field grey has always stayed with me.
    Thank-you F-B. My collection admittedly does suffer from a fair amount of Robert Lubstein's wares, but I like getting examples from the less common makers where and when possible.
    That's a really nice assortment you have in your photos!
    I agree. I also really like how the pink piping looks on field gray. Both visor caps and tunics. Piped walking out tunics and parade Waffenrocks for the armored branch are among the most attractive due to the appearance of pink piping on Feldgrau.
    Although in addition to the appearance, one main reason I collect Panzer/Panzer Abwehr and Kavallarie is because that was my branch in the U.S. Army.

My Panzer Caps.
    Last edited by TWS; 05-19-2018 at 03:49 PM.

I also put up a few of my Panzer caps here

all these things are deteriorating despite my best efforts to keep them.My Panzer Caps.
    ......and in doing so they reinforce the 2nd law of thermodynamics....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ......and in doing so they reinforce the 2nd law of thermodynamics....
    What you don't say. The thought arises in the silent reflection on the flowing lava on the Isle of Hawaii.My Panzer Caps.

en·tro·py
    ˈentrəpē/
    noun
    noun: entropy; plural noun: entropies; symbol: S

Physics
    a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
    lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder.
    "a marketplace where entropy reigns supreme"
    synonyms: deterioration, degeneration, crumbling, decline, degradation, decomposition, breaking down, collapse; More

Entropy is the natural state of the particle realm I hear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2