Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mystery Cap?

Article about: Found this in grandfathers footlocker in attic, just your stereotypical scenario lol, thoughts? opinions? Orange piping is fairly certain, but not sure if the front fabric is brown or black?

Default Mystery Cap?

Found this in grandfathers footlocker in attic, just your stereotypical scenario lol, thoughts? opinions? Orange piping is fairly certain, but not sure if the front fabric is brown or black?? Looks like a light black to me, and the brown doesnt seem to be very pronounced. Has some holes in the front of the cap, so any ideas as to what might be there?, Also a marking on the inside of the black leather strap.. And not sure why its a black strap with silver buttons? Some of the caps ive usually have one or the other.
    Thanks!Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Cap?
    P
    Many

Mystery solved--you have a 100% original visor for an NCO of the Gendarmerie, or Rural Police.

See here for other examples:

Po-Gendarmerie (Rural Police) Visors
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Forgot to mention that the holes are for the eagle.

Also, silver buttons are commonly found on these caps, as senior NCOs could wear the cords upon promotion.

I kind of figured, but the brown isn't as pronounced as it is on those other caps in the link or the lack of vent holes. So you think the black leather cord is part of the cap? or is the silver cord the stereotypical one for this kind of cap?

MAP
    ?

Yes. The black is correct. But it is "prepped" and ready should he be promoted to officer and thus needing to switch to the silver cords (for which the buttons would then match).

I think this is what Stonemint is alluding to.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum!

Nice cap and well worth restoring with some original insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is the place to solve your mysteries together with the best minds and most able characters to be found....bar none.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Nice cap and well worth restoring with some original insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Any ideas as to the type of Police Cap i should look at getting?

You just need a cockade and a 1-piece (flat) NCO eagle--those usually run in the 35-40 dollar range.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    You just need a cockade and a 1-piece (flat) NCO eagle--those usually run in the 35-40 dollar range.
    Alright just found a fantastic cockade for the cap, Any Nco Police eagle will do? I know they made a few diff variations of these kinds with different makers?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast