Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mystery Cap?

Article about: Found this in grandfathers footlocker in attic, just your stereotypical scenario lol, thoughts? opinions? Orange piping is fairly certain, but not sure if the front fabric is brown or black?

Quote by henryedda View Post
    Alright just found a fantastic cockade for the cap, Any Nco Police eagle will do? I know they made a few diff variations of these kinds with different makers?
    There are two basic types for officer grades and one for other rank / enlisted grade. The one you want is for the enlisted grades;

Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?

The first pic is the officers first type which is clearly different. The next is the officers 2nd type which is buntmetall / tombak and frosted with polished highlights, the third is the other ranks / enlisted type which is flat aluminium (yes it has an I in the spelling )

here are reverse pics too;

Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?Mystery Cap?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Cap?
    P
    Many

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

"Very RARE Black Leather Cord, Usually has silver cord but this cap is "prepped" for being a senior Officer cap" ...I must have read your comment differently

henryedda--any reason you did not advise us you were going to be posting the hat on Ebay?
    & why not place it on our own Estand?

Was going to post a link to it myself.

It's one of the rare times there's a real cap on eBay, so it's nice to see. The way it's been going, maybe once a month, one out of a thousand?

If anyone read the article about the NY Times about the Wheatcroft collection recently (I just read it last night), "eBay has now banned the sale of Nazi memorabilia", pfffft... I think it's only when a real item pops up that they have a problem? And their policy is that it's perfectly acceptable to have a Swastika displayed - per their guidelines - on period coins, stamps, and book covers (but not period book covers, as in real artifacts).

In real life, as of this minute, this is the number of [supposed] TR items on eBay;

Original WW II German Collectibles 30,550 listings Follow this search

And at the top of the list is this Holloween Special "Orange Railway Crusher";

WW2 German Railway Officers Crusher Scarlet and Beautiful RARE | eBay

It looks good to me, but I've never even seen a picture of one before. If it's fake, it's not a common one.

Stonemint can add it to the list of stinkers if it's bad.

?

Beautiful hat, henry.

-Gimmie

Quote by stonemint View Post
    henryedda--any reason you did not advise us you were going to be posting the hat on Ebay?
    & why not place it on our own Estand?
    Hmm, I may be totally of track here but I am sensing a non-collector fishing the pool here for authentication then selling for max profit? Sorry if I do an injustice but I just don't feel the spirit of the brotherhood with this one. Is it just me or isn't it kind of derigeur to at least acknowledge fruitful answers to questions if not to be just a little grateful for anothers time and effort.

Maybe I am getting so old that I am more sensitive to politeness or the lack of it?

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Maybe not a collector, but someone just looking for information, like we all are, but with another purpose which is resale. Then again, there's nothing wrong with selling, sometimes it's to buy other more relevant items. Or it's just purely reselling.

Not to be the snitchy tattle tale here (I guess it can't be helped), but more troubling than this hat as far as etiquette or integrity is concerned is the "SS Photo Album" which I saw while perusing his other items. The album was deemed to be a junker/fantasy item by forum members (I tend to agree and although it's anybody's guess), it's on eBay for a flat $300, "ask to see the other side". Then again, no laws broken...

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Maybe not a collector, but someone just looking for information, like we all are, but with another purpose which is resale. Then again, there's nothing wrong with selling, sometimes it's to buy other more relevant items. Or it's just purely reselling.

Not to be the snitchy tattle tale here (I guess it can't be helped), but more troubling than this hat as far as etiquette or integrity is concerned is the "SS Photo Album" which I saw while perusing his other items. The album was deemed to be a junker/fantasy item by forum members (I tend to agree and although it's anybody's guess), it's on eBay for a flat $300, "ask to see the other side". Then again, no laws broken...
    Quite right, "No laws broken" but what about the spirit of our common purpose in a community like this?

I am surely not the only one who, having spent years learning and making my own mistakes, doesn't fancy being used as a free research and authentication service which seems to be the case with this "grandfathers chest" story.
    I am always keen to assist and and pass on any knowledge I have gleaned to others in the hobby who will benefit from it as I did as a young collector.
    I am not so keen to assist in making money for a non-collector when the hobby (not me) gets nothing in return. I would always encourage new-comers to the hobby but this thread is making me feel I need to check a persons bona fides before doing so and that really is not in the spirit of the hobby is it?
    Maybe I am just a little jaundiced by life in the 21st century Let's see if he responds encouragingly but I am not holding my breath.

Mark

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Quite right, "No laws broken" but what about the spirit of our common purpose in a community like this?

I am surely not the only one who, having spent years learning and making my own mistakes, doesn't fancy being used as a free research and authentication service which seems to be the case with this "grandfathers chest" story.
    I am always keen to assist and and pass on any knowledge I have gleaned to others in the hobby who will benefit from it as I did as a young collector.
    I am not so keen to assist in making money for a non-collector when the hobby (not me) gets nothing in return. I would always encourage new-comers to the hobby but this thread is making me feel I need to check a persons bona fides before doing so and that really is not in the spirit of the hobby is it?
    Maybe I am just a little jaundiced by life in the 21st century Let's see if he responds encouragingly but I am not holding my breath.

Mark
    My sentiments exactly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast