Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mystery Uniform Photo

Article about: SA

As suggested in post 24 it is NOT in anyway the military orphanage from Postdam.
    The 1939 uniform was in olive-green and has another look.

As I have mentioned various times I wrote an extensive article about the orphanage
    for the "Military Advisor"-magazine with in-depth information, which came from the
    official orphanage source and former members.

The article, for those interested, was published as volume 13, number 1 from winter 2001/2002 with
    33 pages. All about its history, history of the flag (a copy is used every year when they still meet);
    uniforms for boys and girls (1724-1816), ibid 1816-1918, ibid 1918-1933, ibid 1933-1934; ibid
    1934-1939, ibid 1939-1945 (the various sections mention the development for the uniforms);
    ranking and function insignia for bous and girls 1724-1900, 1900-1918, 1918-1933/1934, 1934-1945.

If interested you can ask at Bender Publishing. Maybe copies from the magazine are still available!

The "odd" man is anyway a driver. He could be from a company that hired out coaches.
    It is no DAF/Werkschar, otherwise a swastika armband was worn. It looks to me it is no Werkschutz
    either. I cannot imagine they all are from the Fischereiaufsicht, but who knows! One lad anyway seems
    to me too young for that, or it should be he is a candidate. But I did not come across an organization that
    would fit. Or?

The officers look to have ranking insignia as for Postschutz, but no arm-insignia is being worn and
    the wreath for the cap has another style. Interesting is the guy wearing the two stripes upon the lower left
    arm. This is an indication for "longtime" service within the Postschutz-organisation. Two such stripes means
    four years in service. The worn eagle is anyway the state version. It looks to me they are in training.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 04-17-2014 at 03:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Uniform Photo
    P
    Many

?

I for one would be interested in reading that.

Thank you for the warm welcome Scout.

Thank you both Wilhelm and Scout for your analysis on these mysterious uniforms.

I know that these uniforms are no where near the look of standard NAPOLA uniforms, but with the mix of quite young, handicapped, boys and older leaders, and being in Potsdam, I took an educated or rather under educated guess. I would really like to see your articles in the Military Advisor Wilhelm, they sound very interesting.

I think you are on to something with the possible Postschutz connection and hopefully we will solve this mystery someday.

?

Quote by Marcus Vaughn View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome Scout.

Thank you both Wilhelm and Scout for your analysis on these mysterious uniforms.

I know that these uniforms are no where near the look of standard NAPOLA uniforms, but with the mix of quite young, handicapped, boys and older leaders, and being in Potsdam, I took an educated or rather under educated guess. I would really like to see your articles in the Military Advisor Wilhelm, they sound very interesting
    I think you are on to something with the possible Postschutz connection and hopefully we will solve this mystery someday.
    Thank you, Marcus.

You would be well advised to listen to mr. Saris rather than me, as he.....how shall I put this...., he has more likely forgotten more about TR regalia, than Ill ever know

What buckle is being worn here?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Uniform Photo  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Wim, good eyes. Any idea why he is wearing an SA buckle?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Default Potsdam Germany

The building remains... Potsdam, Germany..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Uniform Photo  

Good eyes? No glasses!
    It was done with regularity: wearing a buckle from another organization or from the former organization one had joined.
    Maybe he liked it;
    or had not another;
    or maybe all the guys did wear it, supplied from old stock.
    Frankly said, no idea! There can be many reasons.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 04-19-2014 at 07:03 AM.

?

On a side note, Mr. Saris. I had no idea when I had exchanged a few conversations with you
    that you are a well known author.. My humble thanks to you for taking the time to answer my petty questions and I hope you recieved my birthday wishes to you.. Again, sorry if this is not the way to say
    "Thank you". But Thank You..
    P.S. Hope you had a great B-day... Gwar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast