Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Mystery Uniform Photo

Article about: SA

No problem Gwar. Yes, I got the B-day mail. Thanks!
    I do not expect all of the forum members do know about my writings and that I am
    an author. For me this is not important. Far from that.
    I do what I can, but simultaneously understand I do not have all of the questions
    to the answers or shown photographs. There is still a lot about the TR we do not
    know about and I guess there always remain questions. And there are subjects I
    hardly do have knowledge about, for example daggers etc.
    I always saÿ: I am just a tiny cog in the wheel! I like to help when I am able to do so.

Sans Souci was a well-known building and still is. I have seen many photographs
    with groups being phtographed there. All wanted to show they were there!! Occasionally
    events were held in front, as the shown photograph: 342 Bann-flags from the HJ
    were consecrated there January 24, 1934.

Mystery Uniform Photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Uniform Photo
    P
    Many

The men in the last photograph are Werkschutz personnel of the Reichswerke Hermann Göring. You can make out the company logo on the upper arms of the two men on the right.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Not sure on these dark-blue (black?) uniforms:
    Very likely older Landwehr reservists called up for military training/exercises during the 1936 - 1939 period. These men were kitted out in a variety of outdated surplus uniform items of Landespolizei- and Reichswehr origin.

?

For what it's worth I believe the group in the original photo are students and instructors from the Postschutz Schule at Zeesen, the uniform is (probably) blue with red/orange of the Reichspost with Postschutz style insignia. The shoulder straps seem to bear a "Z", for Zeesen?

Quote by rolfi View Post
    For what it's worth I believe the group in the original photo are students and instructors from the Postschutz Schule at Zeesen, the uniform is (probably) blue with red/orange of the Reichspost with Postschutz style insignia. The shoulder straps seem to bear a "Z", for Zeesen?
    No. The uniforms bear no resemblence to those worn by the Postschutz during any period of its existence.

Had a quick look. About what photo are we talking?
    Don't see a rare photo! Refresh my memory, please!

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Had a quick look. About what photo are we talking?
    Don't see a rare photo! Refresh my memory, please!
    Apparantly, this thread was split off from another one and the photo lost from this thread in the process, but I remembered which one it was and had even saved it for personal reference. Here it is again:

Mystery Uniform Photo

?

I didn't suggest the uniform was that of the Postschutz as a whole, just that of the school at Zeesen. The collar patches worn by the two central figures resemble Postschutz rank insignia albeit inverted.

Quote by rolfi View Post
    I didn't suggest the uniform was that of the Postschutz as a whole, just that of the school at Zeesen.
    Doesn't matter: There was no special uniform for that Postschutz school, or any of the other ones.

?

I've not read anything about a school uniform which doesn't mean one didn't exist. In the thread "What Organisation are these men from?" (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/.../wh...-men-456122-3/) Moderator Stonemint posted pictures of a group in a , to me at least, similar uniform taken from an album attributed to the Zeesen school.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4