Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying please

Article about: I found this at an estate sale with numerous WW1 military items and are having a hard time trying to identify this item. We assume its off a German hat based on the flags colors but just can

sgthree
    ?

Default Need help identifying please

I found this at an estate sale with numerous WW1 military items and are having a hard time trying to identify this item or from what time period it was from. We assume its off a German hat based on the flags colors but just cant find any that look like it at all. I would appreciate any info you might have or maybe a point in the right direction. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying please   Need help identifying please  

2. # ADS

Well, its post war German and my guess would be Naval and non- military, but its not my area.

Welcome to the forum!

I would agree with Douglas.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Definitely post war German .

It does occur to me that that flag was used by The Wiemar Republic (1919-33) but I think it is more commonly seen on postwar items.

Interesting piece...It appears that the flag is rising -as the sun- to herald the dawn of the new Republik and its colors Schwarz-Rot-Gold...The bullion wreath suggests Reichsmarine...I'm speculating here, but I am inclined to believe that this may be a Weimar-era Patriotic piece, for civilian wear...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-29-2014 at 07:45 PM.