Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need Help on a starter Visor

Article about: Hi all, I would like to purchase a german visor to add to my ww2 collection, but I know nothing about visors, so I will ask you guys, what would be a good first purchase/ starter visor cap t

Default Re: Need Help on a starter Visor

I agree with Tony--the LLD visor is a postwar BRD police officer visor re-badged with WH insignia. (The grommet vents are the easiest "tell" on these).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help on a starter Visor
    P
    Many

Thanks stone, or should I call you mr mint? lol I would love to see your collection!!!!! you know you wanna sell me one cheap haha, Im getting closer to a purchase, I may have to go over my budget, oh well what good is money if you never spend it

agreed the mountain troops one is a Frankenstein cap, also the ruptured duck has some good looking visors for starters ranging from $700-900

- - Updated - -

agreed the mountain troops one is a Frankenstein cap, also the ruptured duck has some good looking visors for starters ranging from $700-900

yea Im gonna stay away from that one site(oakleaf) I heard good things about ruptured duck and they have a nice inventory with fair prices.

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    yea Im gonna stay away from that one site(oakleaf) I heard good things about ruptured duck and they have a nice inventory with fair prices.
    The Ruptured Duck is a fine website, with a lot of inventory, but the prices are on the high side, IMHO.
    I would try for a nice Luftwaffe flight/para peaked cap, which all things being equal, should be more valuable than a Flak cap.
    Nothing wrong with a nice Heer infantry or artillery enlisted cap, especially if you can find a private purchase example.

BobS

Ruptured Duck you pay a small premium for excellence and satisfaction.
    Morris

I think im going to purchase the minty 1939 private contract lubstein luft flight visor, its 800 US which I assume is fair, but like someone said, quality over quantity is what matters. I can always pick up a decent heer or officer flak visor down the road, there seem to be plenty out there.

UPDATE- I purchased my first visor, I will post better/more pics of it when its in my hands, its the 39 Luft Lubstein that I posted on here, it was just too nice too pass up!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3