Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New find: Heer Panzer Schirmmütze

Article about: Check our sales section to see if any are available. They usually go for \\$50.00 more or less. Very nice cap sir.

Default re: New find: Heer Panzer Schirmmütze

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Definitely Panzer pink on my screen.

An exceptional gift! I think you owe your friend a drink or several!
    I agree and congratulations. At last something authentic and nice. Also, this is exactly how I have generally found caps in Germany, i.e. denazified. Very nice piece.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New find:  Heer Panzer Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Niice, missing the eagle that's a little sad

New find:  Heer Panzer SchirmmützeNew find:  Heer Panzer Schirmmützewith cap badges..

and you should have no trouble to find a badge that fits. Unlike with the stupid "sculls" and "eegulls" as I need for SS caps. Happy hats and well done.New find:  Heer Panzer SchirmmützeNew find:  Heer Panzer Schirmmütze

Excellent guys, thank you very much. I knew I came to the right place. Now I have to find a cloth badge for the hat....or did they come with metal badges as well? Anyone got a spare one lying around? haha

Quote by Dutchie View Post
    Excellent guys, thank you very much. I knew I came to the right place. Now I have to find a cloth badge for the hat....or did they come with metal badges as well? Anyone got a spare one lying around? haha
    metal have a look on dealers sites like germanmilitaria they usually have one or two a very fine cap by the way

Hi

I'd put a metal eagle on it to match the wreath. Be careful as there are a lot of fakes/reproductions about.

cheers

tony

That's what I mean...a couple of days ago, and being a big newbie in German uniforms and stuff, i hardly knew this was a German hat. I don't even know what they even call these hats. How in the world am I going to know if it's a reproduction bird or not? Do I need metal? Cloth? I guess I'm going to have to post what ever I find on here and have you guys tell me if it's real or not. Might get quite expensive, if I can't find what I'm looking for!

Quote by Dutchie View Post
    That's what I mean...a couple of days ago, and being a big newbie in German uniforms and stuff, i hardly knew this was a German hat. I don't even know what they even call these hats.
    a schirmmütze post any eagles you find before you buy and experts can check on it

?

You don't have to be an expert in German headgear at all to work what eagle would best suit.

Think of it like an episode of CSI.

Look at the badge already attached to the cap. It's called a wreath (the outside bit) and kokarde (inner bit, German spelling)
    Next step, look at the holes on the cap where the eagle once was. How many holes? 2 or 3?
    Then measure the distance between the upper 2 holes. This is important because if you just buy the first eagle that you see, the prongs might not match the holes in the cap and you definitely SHOULD NOT, make more holes in the cap because that will effect the value.
    Next, look at the material and condition of the badge already on the cap.
    You should try very hard to find an eagle that matches as much as possible.

It's a bit like finding a 1967 Corvette in a barn but without wheels. The right thing to do is find the original wheels that are correct for this model Corvette and not some shiny, polished refurbished ones. Am I making sense here?

Try this dealer, you really can't go wrong with him.
    Metal Insignia

I've had a look through his inventory and he has nothing right now that would suit IMO but there's no need to be in a hurry.

Good luck and take care of this hat because one day, it will be probably be worth the same as a 1967 Corvette costs today.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast