Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?

Article about: by sam1chlt I picked up this beauty for \\$6200 and could not be happier!! It was my 2012 Christmas gift! My one and only for now! The visor sits proudly in my display case and I enjoy it ever

Default Re: New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    I picked up this beauty for $6200 and could not be happier!! It was my 2012 Christmas gift! My one and only for now! The visor sits proudly in my display case and I enjoy it everyday!!
    Well Done and Shea just goosed up the value of your cap, and yours is more rare and more interesting.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-06-2013 at 03:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?
    P
    Many

If I hit the lotto or sell my car I will be sure to research them on here before I purchase one, or two haha

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    If I hit the lotto or sell my car I will be sure to research them on here before I purchase one, or two haha
    We wish you good luck.

There are many reputable collectors that have these beauties at a fair price. The key as Friedrich-Berthold has mentioned is patience and validation.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    There are many reputable collectors that have these beauties at a fair price. The key as Friedrich-Berthold has mentioned is patience and validation.
    Well said.

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?The other cap that Shea has attached, an early cap made of Tuch for someone named AH on the staff of the I Sturmbann of Sta. 81 is not nearly as expensive, and is of note for its early date and sound preservation. It has none of the stamps, tags, and doo dads that we love, but it is still a nice cap for someone with experience and a keen eye.

The badges do not match especially well, since an earlier eagle would better fit this cap, but that's for someone else.

I do not get any kick backs on this thing, either, so there.....

PS Shea says the Hoheitsadler is post 1945 one, so all the more reason this is an early cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-07-2013 at 05:45 AM.

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?Very early caps are more or less unmarked.

?

This one is good value for money in my opinion. A Heinrich Wille example with very sought after aluminium badges.
    Allgemeine-SS Enlisted/NCOs Visor Cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?  

SS = $$ now... where is the hobby in this top $$ ? where is the Knowledge and Fun in these crasy prices ? the value has killed our Hobby and the fakers in the world are very happy...

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?
    Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    SS = $$ now... where is the hobby in this top $$ ? where is the Knowledge and Fun in these crasy prices ? the value has killed our Hobby and the fakers in the world are very happy...
    At the risk of being abrupt and even rude, SS material was always expensive and always attracted fakers, and despite this fact, the collecting of same seems as vital if not more so. The fakers are a fact of life, and I hardly see this unfortunate phenomenon actually being more than an irritation. Akin, in its own way, to the resistance in France to German occupation, nez pas?

As to knowledge, many collectors cannot understand knowledge even when we bust our a$$ to give it to them on a silver platter. There is much more knowledge around than when I was a pup, so it is also true that you cannot collect this material on a subsistence wage salary or rely on garage sales to find complete black SS uniforms.

Life is inherently unfair and the digital age is more unfair than earlier times. New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast