Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?

Article about: by sam1chlt I picked up this beauty for \\$6200 and could not be happier!! It was my 2012 Christmas gift! My one and only for now! The visor sits proudly in my display case and I enjoy it ever

Default Re: New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Sorry Lord Friedrich-Berthold, I am not a true English, just a French collector...

Look the Waffen SS fez, how many historical wss insignas are removed on fez for money today ? look the ss officer cap for 10 000 euro in a famous seller in Europa, or ss Horde caps fake in ebay or everywhere... look your Black stuff fixation and your Nazi ideology captivation for the swatiska or symbol in your many pictures and you will have your best answer...
    Note: a.) I love France, French women, and French soldiers (as colleagues.... and the women soldiers are also very pleasing, too, but I married my Slovak translator and missed the chance for a French female soldier.....) and French history and culture and I have witnesses in the dozens to prove this assertion.
    b.) I am not English. c.) I am not a lord, far from it. d.) my father was born in London, but he was not a resident of Great Britain for long.
    Most important, I am an expert in, but not an advocate of, Nazi ideology and please do not assert otherwise.
    I am fixated on black SS uniforms, and have endeavored to spread what I have learned to others. My fixation is underscored by scholarly endeavor, which is not the case with others.

The destruction of real regalia by fakers has been going on as long as I have collected (forty five years....give or take...) and the horrors and abuses are now legion, but they are not new.
    My source of concern in all of this is the knowledge I struggle to unearth and offer here is then used by fakers.
    Are you suggesting that we all stop sharing knowledge, then, for this reason?
    I do have doubts about the efficacy of it all, but my goal is to empower and enable collectors.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-07-2013 at 11:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?
    P
    Many

It is true that posting pictures of Nazi regalia may be illegal in France, but not in my native country. Also, my posts make perfectly clear my own political motivation, which is constitutional monarchy.

The purpose of these posts is historical study and illumination of the causes of total war and genocide.

If you want to assert otherwise, you have a very short and painful future on this website.

?

I suggest that certain members think a little about what they wish to say a little more carefully before applying fingers to keyboards.

The comments I have read here are bordering on the offensive, if not actually crossing the line. I will state clearly now that any comments which have a hidden undertone of accusation and insult, especially to the degree that is clearly written between the lines will be removed and the authors will have their membership scrutinized closely.

Continue discussing the topic in hand and keep personal thoughts out of this place.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I echo Adrian's sentiment. Let's just stick to what the thread is about, ie, the cost (or value, depending on your perspective) of SS headgear.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I echo Adrian's sentiment. Let's just stick to what the thread is about, ie, the cost (or value, depending on your perspective) of SS headgear.
    Thank you.

Thank you Adrian. I fully endorse your comments.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thank you Adrian. I fully endorse your comments.

Cheers, Ade.
    My warm thanks to you, as well, and all of you who have made this site the leader in the field.

?

+1 to the above. WRF is above any of that nonsense.

Regards,

Carl

This cap is listed at 13.5k USD on another dealer site. I'm not the dealer and this is not an advertisement. I'm appropriating these images solely for the purpose of discussion.

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?

New Record Asking Price for a Contract A-SS Visor?The cap you include is an RZM Mustermuetze, i.e. the specification, made by Mueller and offered by Maederer. It is pretty special, really, and a noteworthy piece. It is very rare and certain persons collect these RZM pattern pieces.
    This item was issued to other cap makers to show them what was expected of them in the fabrication of such a cap.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast