Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!

Article about: by spandau Hi I finally have a copy in my hand ! Here is a picture of my hand to prove it Attachment 427336 After many a sleepless night the printers have finally delivered......some, 10 cop

Default New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!

I would like to congratulate Tony Vickers on the upcoming publication of his latest book on German Army Visor Caps 1871-1945. Far too many collectors fail to study the history of the visor cap prior to 1933 (some 1939), and to truly understand it as a piece of historical military headgear, you cannot study them in isolation. This is the book I wish I could have written, but never have the time to do so.

My understanding is that the book will be available in October, and will be published in Britain, and you should be able to get it thru any military book dealer. Congrats in advance, Tony!

COMING SOON GERMAN ARMY VISOR CAPS 1871-1945 by Tony Vickers.
    Regimentals are proud to announce the new Military Mode Publication, 'German Army Visor Caps 1871-1945'. The book has been penned by, well known collector and enthusiast Tony Vickers and produced by Military Mode as a follow up to the successful books Einheitsfeldmutze and Afrika Korps. The work is a photographic study of the development of the Army visor cap from 1871 right through the First World War, looking closely at the period between the wars, a subject that is very much over-looked until now and then a detailed over-view of the Third Reich period and finally, a look in to the Veteran associations. The book informs the reader on the changes in shape using clever and helpful graphic drawings and of coarse the changes in insignia, colours and styles. All the caps featured in the book are from the authors collection and they are backed up by numerous previously un-published period images. The release date for this book is estimated to be November 2012. The images shown on this listing are pre editing.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!  New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!  New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!  New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!  New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon! 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Visor Cap Book Coming Soon!

Stonny the cap maniac...lol How are you my Friend ? great sun in us ?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Stonny the cap maniac...lol How are you my Friend ? great sun in us ?
    Wolfy, the reason I have "visor cap mania" is because of all the sun out here!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

For those that perhaps don't realise it, this book is written by our very own Tony aka "Spandau" on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Congratulations on the publication Tony !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Well done Tony

Hi Guys

many thanks for the support and kind words. This project has been a labour of love to say the least.

As with any publication it is a product of many different sources and that includes the knowledge I have gained from the contributions made here by fellow forum members. Thank you.

The book is not just a photographic record of caps as I have tried to put them in their historical and developmental perspective as well. The result was just shy of 20,000 words so hopefully the text will support the readers journey through the book.

cheers

tony

ps pm me if you would like a copy as I can offer discount for wrf gold members

wow - congrats !
    and thank you for great caps I got from you !

?

I am anxiously awaiting the availability of your book Tony. Once again, congratulations!

Hi,

Finally the book has gone to print.

ON Monday the printer pressed go and the presses rolled

Once it's bound and delivered should be on the shelves by 25th November.

I never thought I'd say it but after all the stresses and strains of this project I'm not looking at a cap for at least 20 minutes

If anyone would like to support the project (or me rather the publishers) PM me and I can offer signed copies at discount for WRF members.

The book features 50 caps across three eras of German Army history, supporting text on each cap similar to my posts here, technical drawings on dimensions, original pictures from my collection (approx 50+) and lots of blood, sweat, toil, tears and money

My thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped and supported me.......as FB says "Happy Hats"

cheers

tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast