Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)

Article about: Hello, I have here a very nice M34 sidecap with original soutache in purple for smoke troops (not blue for medic) As you know these were meant to be removed but many were not and this cap is

Default Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)

Hello, I have here a very nice M34 sidecap with original soutache in purple for smoke troops (not blue for medic) As you know these were meant to be removed but many were not and this cap is untouched since the war.It has the Nurnberg maker inside and correct pattern on the rivets which are often picked on as being the wrong type.I have had this cap checked and it came from a reputable dealer in Germany and it came directly from the family.Please take a look and let me know what you think.This cap is for sale in another section but i am nagotiable on price

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)   Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)  

Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)   Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)
    P
    Many

Default re: Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)

Hi Tom, to be honest, it looks Medical blue to me on my screen, but you have the advantage of having it in hand. Regardless, it is a nice lookimg cap.

Cheers, Ade.

At first glance I would agree with Adrian. However there is a wierd photo quality with some colors of Smoke Troops and Chaplain piping. They have a tendancy to turn a blueish with a modern flash.

Very nice cap.

Thanks Ade,
    Yeah it is indeed purple and actually stiched on with blue thread Its very hard to capture it with digital photos i agree as its easily confused.Thanks for the kind comments and if you know anybody thats afer such a cap please let me know

Tom

Thanks Chris
    Looking at the photos again i can see wht you mean by the colour.I wish i could capture it in natural light but it always comes out very close to blue for medic or other purple for vet which is lighter i think.Its actually sewn on using blue thread which is a good comparison but again hard to see.Thanks for the nice comments

Tom

?

I don't see how that can be smoke troops - not even close on my monitor. Looks like the blue used for supply ( not the light blue "Transport). Here is my smoke troop visor for color comparison;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)  

Well i can see your cap piping looks darker but there can be some differance with makers i guess. My cap is very hard to capture but in real life its actually darker than it appears.May have to try some photos with less light but always willing to accept any change of opinion but the fact is its definately not cornflower blue or veternarian

Not sure what Transport you refer to but if you have a pic please show.

Tom

Nice cap by the way

?

The piping on your side cap looks a lot like this piping, don't you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice M34 Feldmutze. Smoke troops:)  

Wow you are right about that one!!

Nice cap and i would say that is the exact colour Is the cap classed as smoke troops??

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast