Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NSDAP RZM Tag Question

Article about: by BenVK Has anyone else noticed a shift in the collecting interest from "safe" investments to the more interesting examples? I think this is most praiseworthy,,, Absolutely - I ha

Default NSDAP RZM Tag Question

One of my areas I am trying to get up to speed on is RZM tags, which are a field of study unto themselves.

This one is on a Form 4 Political Leaders visor. I have not encountered one with this particular font that I can recall. Anyone else have this style with this same font?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP RZM Tag Question  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP RZM Tag Question
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP RZM Tag Question

This one is throwing me. This is an early Clemens Wagner logo, with the early RZM tag, but it is on a Form 4 white-piped Kreis visor.
    Anyone have any thougts on this one?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP RZM Tag Question   NSDAP RZM Tag Question  

NSDAP RZM Tag Question   NSDAP RZM Tag Question  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    One of my areas I am trying to get up to speed on is RZM tags, which are a field of study unto themselves.

This one is on a Form 4 Political Leaders visor. I have not encountered one with this particular font that I can recall. Anyone else have this style with this same font?:
    I have seen this tag before in NSDAP caps and in SA kepis. A 1 10 is Hoffmann, Berlin, himself a leading light in the Nazification of headwear.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-27-2012 at 06:11 AM.

NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag Question
    Quote by stonemint View Post
    This one is throwing me. This is an early Clemens Wagner logo, with the early RZM tag, but it is on a Form 4 white-piped Kreis visor.
    Anyone have any thougts on this one?:
    There are two possibilities with this cap. It is either a superb fake, which I doubt, since I have a black SS cap with a not dissimilar interior.

or someone had the piping updated, which your Wellhausen catalog indicates is possible. The logos were phased out ca. 1935 or 6. This tag is ca. 1935/6.

Also, there are things we simply cannot fathom. Von Lukacs has a nice SS cap too, from the Fa. Schellenberg. He apparently also has the officer's field cap with the cloth peak, but I could not find it on his update.

Hint: Muetze mit neuen Biesen versehen, means to apply new piping to the cap.....

Of course, my friend Bob Coleman is the real authority on NSDAP headwear.

I do also think that logos appeared in NSDAP caps after they were banned. Herman has one on his site, too, which I will include here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-27-2012 at 06:27 AM.

NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionI own this cap. It is an early Wagner of high quality. It is marked Clemens Wagner in the sweat band. Its lining is real silk.

Stoney-
    The leather peak dates the cap no later than 1937. With the early white tag which disappeared by sometime in early 1936, it makes me wonder if this cap was not sent back and repiped in white from it's original piping so that it would conform with the 1939 uniform changes.

FB-
    Sorry to be repeating some of what you said. I do not believe this cap is a fake either.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionThis cap has the logo and was made more or less in the era 1935/6 by Mueller. I think....

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Stoney-
    The leather peak dates the cap no later than 1937. With the early white tag which disappeared by sometime in early 1936, it makes me wonder if this cap was not sent back and repiped in white from it's original piping so that it would conform with the 1939 uniform changes.

FB-
    Sorry to be repeating some of what you said. I do not believe this cap is a fake either.

Please, you are the man of authority. The Luftwaffe Kleiderkasse and the Wellhausen catalogs make clear that such repairs to caps were entirely normal.

NSDAP RZM Tag Question The RZM circulars include the varieties of tags.NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag Question
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-27-2012 at 02:58 PM.

NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionI guess the point should be made here as regards the cap with the white piping, that in the year 1936 such piping for the Kreisleitung d. NSDAP was black.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast