MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello All, Haven't been on the forum in a while but while perusing my numerous buying sites I found this cap and wanted a second opinion. And partly to let you all know it's still for sale i

Default NSDAP Schirmmütze

Hello All,

Haven't been on the forum in a while but while perusing my numerous buying sites I found this cap and wanted a second opinion. And partly to let you all know it's still for sale if it turns out to be orig. I'm not exactly a cap guy so it's for you all to decide. Labeled NSDAP on the inside which intrigued me but anyway, best of luck.

VINTAGE GERMAN UNIFORM MILITARY CAP VISOR WWII | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: NSDAP Schirmmütze

A genuine schirmutze but in poor condition. This is a political leader's cap from the Ortsgruppen level. This is the most common. Obtaining the correct insignia for it if bought at the opening bid of $260.00 would put you at top market value with a piece that will never get any better. It is a fairly common cap.
    The label on the inside is a RZM tag, which is a tax tag which also indicates the manufacturer by the number stamped on the tag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

You will need a separate cockade, oakleaf wreath and an eagle. Even in average condition the set will run you around $175 on dealer sites. I am surprised the hat is already at $260 in this condition, and stripped. You are better off waiting for one to appear on one of the e-stands with all the insignia......
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Perhaps some photos of the cap in your post? for when the link dies the thread dies aswell. And perhaps move this to the Cap authentification sub forum?

Cheers, Pat

Sold for $510 plus shipping.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

There is one born every minute. A ridiculous price for a common cap in such poor condition.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    There is one born every minute. A ridiculous price for a common cap in such poor condition.
    Others apparently have neither knowledge nor access to authentic and sound regalia.

Life is inherently unfair. It is all labyrinth for the beginner.NSDAP SchirmmützeNSDAP SchirmmützeNSDAP SchirmmützeNSDAP SchirmmützeNSDAP SchirmmützeNSDAP SchirmmützeNSDAP Schirmmütze

I must say in the beginning I was just intrigued but I must say I feel sincerely sorry for the fellow that payed half a grand for that cap. I must agree Bob Coleman on this one definitely going to be a lesson learned for some person when they try to sell it somewhere and can't even get 300. Any way thanks for the expertise and opinions folks!

Pics saved.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Schirmmütze   NSDAP Schirmmütze  

NSDAP Schirmmütze  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!