Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NSDAP visor hat - rank?

Article about: Can anyone tell me what the rank of the person who originally wore this hat? It has blue piping and a silver eagle. The jacket that came with it has a plain dark brown collar tab with no ins

Quote by stonemint View Post
    & just to clarify for our newer members, RZM regulations (like almost every regulation in the Third Reich) were not always observed.
    Maker/distributor logos were prohibited on NSDAP caps.
    However, there were plenty of rule-breakers, as seen in this thread:

NSDAP Visors w/ Logos
    and if you read the RZM circulars, you can see in lurid detail what happened when the law givers of the RZM were scorned. They scorned back,
    and how.NSDAP visor hat - rank?NSDAP visor hat - rank?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-16-2018 at 01:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP visor hat - rank?
    P
    Many

I am fond of these caps, especially in their earlier model. I saw these examples recently.NSDAP visor hat - rank?NSDAP visor hat - rank?NSDAP visor hat - rank?NSDAP visor hat - rank?

- - ------- - -

credit Shea.

I knew a woman named Liesel once, and she was not the owner of a millinery. Surely I had thought the name quite uncommon as was she.

These political visors are interesting. Thank you gents for shedding some light on them.

Most Form 3 visors have the M-36 political eagle, but the M-37 (in silver, same as that most often found on SA kepis) was also worn, shown here in wear by Morell:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP visor hat - rank?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Wow.....a bit overwhelming. Can someone summarize the results?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Wow.....a bit overwhelming. Can someone summarize the results?
    Nazi regalia requires very subtle knowledge, especially when something deviates from certain norms.

While I want to register my deep respect for my betters, my own view is that you have two nice pieces, the cap being especially interesting to me, at least.

Some of the things we write might seem arcane and odd, but they are essential in an analysis.

In fact, this thread, where you have the better part of two centuries of experience with this regalia

is a case study of how properly to analyze these things.

Maybe it is little bracing for the uninitiated, but it makes you better.

Wim is a very energetic poser of hard questions, which is why I adore him, and the moderator, of course,
    specializes in just this kind of cap.

I am a slummer with these, since I collect SS caps, but there are strong connections in many ways between
    the NSDAP headwear and the SS headwear as Wim has taught us so well.

Plus Worms is my Heimat, as it were, so I have an interest in it. I also lived in the region in the 1980s,
    when I was a young man.NSDAP visor hat - rank?

And don't throw the things away because someone says they are fake, either.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-16-2018 at 03:19 AM.

In writing this, I do NOT wish to imply Wim. He poses hard questions, and he does it for my good, and I thank him.
    Whenever he questions the status quo, more knowledge is the result.
    That's how it should work. That is how it should work if you really want to enable yourself to deal with all the challenges.

?

This interchange of knowledge and experience is great......given all the fake stuff circulating around. All this info makes my hat and jacket (btw, I have pants that came with the ensemble) much more interesting. Now I wonder who would have worn it and what was his life like during that period of history. Someones life history is associated with each of these items that show up in this forum. I wished I had more opportunities to talk with my Opa (see avatar) about his experiences as a ground crew member of the Luftwaffe on the Eastern Front.

?

Just wondering if there is any way one could find out who the hat and jacket was issued to?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast