Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSFK Baskenmuetze

Article about: by stonemint F-B: I was informed by an advanced NSFK collector that the NSFK was not overseen by the RZM, and that anytime you see a Kepi/beret with an RZM tag, it should be immediately susp

Default NSFK Baskenmuetze

For sale on one of the leading sites (Shea) is this head wear, which I think to be quite rare.

Do others have such objects in their collections?

It is not what I collect, but this looks like an intriguing piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images NSFK  Baskenmuetze  NSFK  Baskenmuetze  NSFK  Baskenmuetze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK  Baskenmuetze
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSFK Baskenmuetze

This Reichsluftschutzbund cap on the Shea site also has interesting Paspelisierung. I guess such would frighten or enrage the purists.
    Attached Images Attached Images NSFK  Baskenmuetze  NSFK  Baskenmuetze 

Hi FB, this is indeed a rare item. In 30 odd years of collecting, I have never seen a Baskenmuetze outside of period photographs, so it was interesting to see an extant example.

Cheers, Ade.

We have to ask colleague Coleman about this kind of thing, but I cannot recall seeing such a thing. Roger Bender's first book on air organizations in the III. Reich did I buy in about 1968 and this object left a strong impression on me from a youthful age, granted how rare NSFK regalia is overall.

This piece is an especially attractive example, and also without an RZM tag, either.

Happy headwear.

FB-
    Was the NSFK exempt from RZM oversight? I have only seen RZM markings in NSFK brownshirts. All of these were actually designated for the SA
    I have an example of this headwear and will post same later today. Mine came from the Ed Stadnicki collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    FB-
    Was the NSFK exempt from RZM oversight? I have only seen RZM markings in NSFK brownshirts. All of these were actually designated for the SA
    I have an example of this headwear and will post same later today. Mine came from the Ed Stadnicki collection.
    Dear Colleague, when the list of items that had to be marked was published in a law of early 1935, the NSFK did not yet exist. If you look in said list in the appendix to the Orgbuch, the NSFK does not appear, although the NSFK was wholly a branch of the NSDAP and it is listed in later editions of the Orgbuch itself. Someone who is more at home in these things than I should know, but the sole NSFK kepi I owned had no tag, this in contrast to all the other regalia known better to you than to me. It is a pity someone does not make a CD of all the Mitteilungsblaetter of the RZM as well as the other relevant thingies sought by us collectors. I am also sure that Saris or one of the other authors for Roger Bender knows this fact, too. I made the comment while my former kepi had no tag. Do the blaue Dienstblusen and Diestroecke have tags, too?

I have friends in Germany who served in the DDR follow on organizations to these entities, which, of course did not continue to exist in the FRG. In East Germany, it was the so called Gesellschaft fuer Sport und Technik. I also have friends who served in the CSSR equivalents, as well. All of them are as unmilitary as can be, also because they are vimmin.

If you look on p 619ff of the III edition of the Orgbuch, which is that of late 1937 or early 1938, you can read the amendment to said law of 1934 directed against under handed assaults on the NSDAP (Heimtueckegesetz) There is no mention of the NSFK. This law was an important feature in the consolidation of Nazi power in the Gleichschaltung.

Over the years, I have owned four NSFK tunics, five kepis and several daggers. None of this material had a RZM tag. It is plausible that due to the inception of this organization coming n to being at the same time industry was being prepared for war, the NSFK was exempt from control of the RZM. I have seen wartime model headgear for both the SA, NSKK and NSDAP without any RZM tags.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I do not know the answer, really, but I am grateful for your empirical observations. I do not think the war economy had much to do with the matter, as the RZM was but part of what later became the state direction of industry, especially in the textile sector. I have also seen SS regalia unmarked, too, which surely existed, such a black caps without RZM tags and marks.

In any case, the Shea beret is a nice piece and I am glad we can reflect on it and learn more in the process.

We are also grateful for your large, wonderful collection. How many pieces did Stadnicki own, afterall?

F-B: I was informed by an advanced NSFK collector that the NSFK was not overseen by the RZM, and that anytime you see a Kepi/beret with an RZM tag, it should be immediately suspect (but not ruled out.)

Rarer still is the officer's beret with the silver piping--I have only seen one.

PS--Personally, I like the twisted cord piping on that Luftschutz visor, but then again, I like the unusual (I can take seeing only so much of the same thing over and over and over again....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast