MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSFK Baskenmuetze

Article about: by stonemint F-B: I was informed by an advanced NSFK collector that the NSFK was not overseen by the RZM, and that anytime you see a Kepi/beret with an RZM tag, it should be immediately susp

Default Re: NSFK Baskenmuetze

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B: I was informed by an advanced NSFK collector that the NSFK was not overseen by the RZM, and that anytime you see a Kepi/beret with an RZM tag, it should be immediately suspect (but not ruled out.)

Rarer still is the officer's beret with the silver piping--I have only seen one.

PS--Personally, I like the twisted cord piping on that Luftschutz visor, but then again, I like the unusual (I can take seeing only so much of the same thing over and over and over again....)
    Thanks for the favor. I merely noticed the lack of a tag in the beret which sparked my memory of this hopelessly arcane point. And, the law is from February 1935 and, I think, the NSFK was formed in 1937, if memory serves.

I also like the piping on the RLB cap. Variations are pleasing and the idea of standardized, totalitarian widget-ized caps runs contrary to reality, but the reality some impose in 2009 upon 1939 is more powerful than the truth on certain of these websites.

Happy headwear.

I hope colleague Coleman will share more of his NSFK treasures with his attentive public.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK  Baskenmuetze
    P
    Many

The hand that wielded this instrument knew the truth.

Rather than buying an SS cap, someone should take a picture of this thing and run adverts in many local German papers and see what turns up, if someone is still around who knew how to do all these things....

We have also to ask Robert H to post some images from his Handbuch d. RZM, which he must share with his colleagues or we will hold our breath.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK  Baskenmuetze  

Sorry for the delay in posting my example. This baskenmuetze was given a few rolls in the crown by the original owner for a jaunty look.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK  Baskenmuetze   NSFK  Baskenmuetze  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks, a wonderful piece. All the more impressive from Stadnicki.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Sorry for the delay in posting my example. This baskenmuetze was given a few rolls in the crown by the original owner for a jaunty look.
    This is one of those images that seams to be looking at you from any angle you look at it.

Quote by stever View Post
    this is one of those images that seams to be looking at you from any angle you look at it.
    :Those eyes are piercing. I never noticed that before.

Smile Re: NSFK Baskenmuetze

here with mine "exemplar"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK  Baskenmuetze   NSFK  Baskenmuetze  

NSFK  Baskenmuetze  

Very nice piece. The Maederer/Weitze/Wolfe auction sold a nice NSFK officer's tunic recently.

This is quite rare regalia.

You have refined taste, to be sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2