Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSKK helmet

Article about: I am in the process of purchasing this NSKK motorcycle helmet. I am fairly sure of it being a period piece but just want a second opinion. What would the condition be considered as? Thanks,

?

Default NSKK helmet

I am in the process of purchasing this NSKK motorcycle helmet. I am fairly sure of it being a period piece but just want a second opinion. What would the condition be considered as?

Thanks,
    Hummel

NSKK helmet
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK helmet
    P
    Many

Looks like a very nice first pattern nskk motorcycle crash helmet, leather is intact with just some fading here and there, all of the wear is in the right spots I would say condition is very good, nice score!

?

Great one! I had a chance to pick one up for good price and regret not popping on it. Bring it on home!

?

Very nice example.

If it does not have a RZM label inside, it is likely an early Motor SA helmet. A very nice period example. Clean examples are disappearing from the market.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If it does not have a RZM label inside, it is likely an early Motor SA helmet. A very nice period example. Clean examples are disappearing from the market.
    Bob, I will have to look into that further once l have it in hand. Would that put it in the very early 1930's time period?

I will post some more photo's when it arrives.

Thanks guys,
    Hummel

?

The helmet has arrived. I can see no markings from a RZM tag having ever been in place, Bob. Does that make it a Motor SA helmet? Are the Motor SA helmets more or less common then the NSKK helmets?

The only markings in the helmet are a "BUSSE MAINZ" and a "59" stamp in ink and the owners initials, I assume, in pencil "W.H".

The helmet is well worn but all the leather is surprisingly still quite supple. Only the bill has some crazing on it.

I am including some more photos in this post showing the stamps and pencil marks.

Thanks for the help guys,
    Hummel
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet  NSKK helmet 

There is no way to differentiate between Motor SA and early NSKK sturzhelm. They are identical. A very nice example.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Great score! Beautiful liner very clean. I passed on one a year ago. Have not seen one since.

DRK
    ?

Very nice !
    Thanks for sharing

Theo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast