Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

One of Hitler's hats for sale

Article about: If somebody has too much money, it seems that one of the GröFaZs' hats is for sale (was already discussed here), but I believe those interested know that already: Orden, Ehrenzeichen und mil

?

Default One of Hitler's hats for sale

If somebody has too much money, it seems that one of the GröFaZs' = Hitler's hats is for sale (it was already discussed here: Hitler Visor #4 (or 6)), but I believe those interested know that already:

Orden, Ehrenzeichen und militarhistorische Antiquitaten - Auktionshaus Andreas Thies
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 06-18-2019 at 04:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One of Hitler's hats for sale
    P
    Many

ErWeSa, let’s go splits on it

?

Unfortunately an Englishman won the Euromillion lottery of about 140 mio Euros, otherwise......

One can only dream, uh?

?

I don't think I would like to have it but for examining it how it was made. The gold-coloured cord that replaces the piping was sewn with single stichtes to the crown - but what is underneath this cord? A simple seam? And how does the cord join at the back of the cap? That's what I would like to know + the measures. The cap is one of the real saddle-shaped specimens (if it is real), what we here call such are mostly Klappmützen, not Sattelform as they do not stand up at the back and the seam at the back is shorter than at the front. This specific cap, however, also looks like a Klappmütze when not worn, as the back "klappt" = flaps over the centerband.

See here when worn (Sattelform):

One of Hitler's hats for sale

Oh, by the way, the minimum bid is 450.000,- €, : Adolf Hitlers Mutze unterm Hammer – Mindestgebot 450.000 Euro | MOPO.de
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 06-18-2019 at 04:07 PM.

I agree, examining it would be quite interesting and a unique experience. I am not as knowledgeable (if at all) as you or other experts here, but I would really enjoy finding out about the materials and techniques used to make this cap.

By the way, I wonder if any of Himmler’s visors is out there...