Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze with Leather Visor?

Article about: This cap has caught my attention because it's very much my cup of tea in SS collecting terms. Those with their finger on the pulse will know where and when it will be offered for sale so I s

?

Default Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze with Leather Visor?

This cap has caught my attention because it's very much my cup of tea in SS collecting terms.

Those with their finger on the pulse will know where and when it will be offered for sale so I see no good reason to broadcast the details.

I would be interested in trying to obtain this one and a good friend of mine is also interested so I think it's prudent that I ask for some second opinions.

In short, the Wasserdicht lining worries me somewhat being that this is an Officers cap and it doesn't seem to be a very good fit.
    Maybe I am being over critical though.

Do any of my esteemed colleagues recognise this hat?
    Such things have usually done the rounds before and are known by someone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?   Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?  

Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?   Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?
    P
    Many

I have an early officer's cap with the impregnated cotton lining. If you buy it and get bored with it, sell it to me, please.
    It looks ok, and I have some of these, as you know.

I have not seen it before, in fact, and I do keep an eye on this type of cap.

From the images, it certainly appears to be a very nice early piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The real proof is in the minute examination. However, prior to early 1935, such caps contained the maker's logo. Ben is surely able to spot signs of larceny.

Ben--
    These holes (if that is what they are) could be areas of concern:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks Chris, I had noticed those and also something else of concern. The cap appears to not have any pasteboard, neither card or buckram. I think that's the back of the velvet fabric we can see..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?   Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?  

Last edited by BenVK; 10-21-2013 at 10:45 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold
    I have an early officer's cap with the impregnated cotton lining. .
    Which one is that FB? I know your lovely Gruppe West cap has the waterproofed lining but that is an NCO's cap, no?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Which one is that FB? I know your lovely Gruppe West cap has the waterproofed lining but that is an NCO's cap, no?
    Much of my collection is un photographed. If the cap in question has neither paste board nor buckram, then that's an issue, I guess.

I hope you can examine the cap and I hope it is real and becomes your property.

There is also SS Gruppe West cap not unlike mine, but as an officer's cap in a U.S. Collection. That is, it has a velvet band, though it is an enlisted cap. Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?Opinions of this Black SS Officers Schirmmütze  with Leather Visor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast