Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opinions on this crash helmet ... Fake?

Article about: Hello everybody.. I'm new to this site and new to collecting.. my father was in WW2 .. so my whole life I have been interested in history and WW2 in particular.. my collection started the wr

?

Default opinions on this crash helmet ... Fake?

Hello everybody.. I'm new to this site and new to collecting.. my father was in WW2 .. so my whole life I have been interested in history and WW2 in particular.. my collection started the wrong way with a fake dagger.. but did recieve my money back.. now Im looking at a helmet, and I could use your valued opinions.
    Thank you in advance.

ohh I dont think this is posted in the correct area.. sorryopinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?   opinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?  

opinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?   opinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?  

opinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on this crash helmet ...  Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: opinions on this crash helmet ... Fake?

The helmet certainly has some age. I have never seen small brass airvents though. Usually the vents are either a US DIme sized screened covered vent or a salt shaker top looking vent.
    I am having a hard time making up my mind on this one. Hopefully one of the guys that have more experience with NSKK helmets can tell you more. If it wasn't for the type of vents I would say you have a good helmet.

Looks totally original to me, the early type. They can have this type of vents or the wire screened type, but I'm not sure if they can have the Pepper shaker type.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Looks totally original to me, the early type. They can have this type of vents or the wire screened type, but I'm not sure if they can have the Pepper shaker type.

Regards,

Jerry
    Your right they are screened.