Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

panzer beret

Article about: by John Brandon The insignia on this Beret, has been discussed on another forum and with which result? I know army cap embroidery to an ok level, but I am not an expert, really. You could te

Default Re: panzer beret

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    The insignia on this Beret, has been discussed on another forum
    and with which result?

I know army cap embroidery to an ok level, but I am not an expert, really.

You could tell swiftly if the thing were in one's hand.

I should not have sold all three berets I owned, but I wanted to buy some SS officer caps, you see.

All too droll, nicht wahr?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzer beret
    P
    Many

Sadly the insignia been given the thumbs down

with comments like "Amazes me that a dealer this advanced would allow it on to his site because overall these have been declared fake for quite some time now plus they are ugly and not pleasing at all like the real ones."

But who's right?

FB Fancy having three

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Sadly the insignia been given the thumbs down

with comments like "Amazes me that a dealer this advanced would allow it on to his site because overall these have been declared fake for quite some time now plus they are ugly and not pleasing at all like the real ones."

But who's right?

FB Fancy having three
    Oh well. yes, I had three enlisted ones of the early type, i.e. ca 1938 or 1939 or so. They were nice, but I decided that I only collected black SS things, as you know. I photographed the one piece, but I had even nicer ones, to be sure. I had a Halfar, a Lubstein, and a Clemens Wagner made one. These things come and then they go, I suppose.

Happy head wear and sorry to see that this piece is a fake. The beret piece does not appear to be big enough. The real ones have very large berets (made of really sweater material, and a nice sweater, mind you...) with a very saggy, floppy appearance. In real life it is hard to imagine having such a thing on one's head in an armored vehicle in battle.

See attachment, this was another, which I sold back to a dealer for too little money.
    Attached Images Attached Images panzer beret 

?

Sorry if anyone has seen my beret in another thread but I thought I might add it just for reference. It was a gift from a friend who grandad brought it back from ww2. I'm still looking for the inner crash helmet for mine.
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture panzer beret   panzer beret  

Gents...it was to be resurrected in the Bundeswehr for a decade or two of wear....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture panzer beret   panzer beret  

Very nice object in its own historical right.

CBH
    ?

I wonder what an SS Panzer beret would bring these days ! So few were made and used for such a short time . I've also heard that the liners were used to make winter hats for use in Russia . So I'd keep an eye out for a winter hat Dean , and you'd have quite a piece !
    Cheers Chris

?

I was at a dealers table, at the SOS about four years ago, when a guy pulled a SS beret out of his bag. He was asking $25,000. With the prices of DD SS helmets it seemed like a reasonable price.

To the OP, I believe there is a Pz beret being offered for sale on 'the maroon site' unless it has since sold since I last checked.

The one that Paul Sack had for sale was an nice piece.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast