Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Panzer Beret

Article about: by totenkopfDean Really? wow you must have been lucky to come across these! They are pretty rare where I come from.Thanks for your compliment. ~Dean Dean- I have been collecting since 1956.

?

Default Re: Panzer Beret

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    to be honest i always had different image in my eyes about what panzer berett looks! i,ve seen original pazer berett-and i can,t see nothing simmilar here if i copare with what i,ve seen.Are you sure about your friends granpa?
    Yes I knew his Grandpa personally before he passed (R.I.P). I think you may think it's different because it lacks the inner helmet padding inside. This IS the real deal and Ive wanted it for years.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Beret
    P
    Many

Ostlandigger: to be honest i always had different image in my eyes about what panzer berett looks! i,ve seen original pazer berett-and i can,t see nothing simmilar here if i copare with what i,ve seen.Are you sure about your friends granpa?
    Thats because yours are normally covered in mud & rotting away..... heehee

?

Quote by no man army View Post
    very nice, are these pretty hard to find?

James
    Yes, these are extremely hard to find original. There are some fakes on ebay every once in a while. I saw one real one on another site complete w/ inner helmet for sale at $5,715! They are valued between $4,000-$6,500 depending on condition. Thanks for the compliment!
    ~Dean

?

here is an example of what the inner helmet looks like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Beret   Panzer Beret  

Panzer Beret   Panzer Beret  

Last edited by Dean; 03-02-2011 at 10:18 AM.

A nice original. I have owned several of these during my years of collecting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A nice original. I have owned several of these during my years of collecting.
    Really? wow you must have been lucky to come across these! They are pretty rare where I come from.Thanks for your compliment.
    ~Dean

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    to be honest i always had different image in my eyes about what panzer berett looks! i,ve seen original pazer berett-and i can,t see nothing simmilar here if i copare with what i,ve seen.Are you sure about your friends granpa?
    Digger are you referring to something like this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Beret   Panzer Beret  

Panzer Beret  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Yes, these are extremely hard to find original. There are some fakes on ebay every once in a while. I saw one real one on another site complete w/ inner helmet for sale at $5,715! They are valued between $4,000-$6,500 depending on condition. Thanks for the compliment!
    ~Dean
    Dean the one i posted below is listed for $7.400. I would never spend so much money on anything.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Here is an original beret crash helmet, the most difficult piece of the combination to find. This one is a beautiful example by Robert Lubstein. The berets do turn up as does the beret and crash helmet together but rarely just the crash helmet.

Mark

Panzer Beret  

?

And of course the complete Panzer beret with crash helmet.
    The beret which started this thread is correct in every way despite the thoughts of one gentleman who didn't like it. When compared to other originals you can see that it is definitely good. I would also trust Ade's fine judgement.

Mark

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast