Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936

Article about: ...and on this site, you can look at all these caps at no cost, either.

MAP
    ?

Default Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936

It has finally arrived. My first Panzer visor. Posted a few low quality pics last week of an NCO Panzer Schirmmutzen. Feedback was that it had a chance.

Well now I have it in my hands and am very excited. It is in excellent condition. The pictures show what looks like heavy wear on the leather sweatband, but in person it is in much better shape. Nice and soft with some surface wear and some one minor tear.

Exterior is in my non-expert opinion, mint with a few smaller than pin head nips.

Maker: H.W Bachmann
    Size: 56
    Year: 1936

Would love ANY and ALL feedback on this but have a few specific questions as well.

1) What weave of fabric would this be?
    2) Don't know much about H.W Bachmann. Is it common?
    3) There is a second stamp on the sweatband. "Carl Nordmann Lederfabrik, 9.16.36, Rudo / Stadt / Thuk". Is this the maker of the sweatband?

Hope you enjoy this visor.

Regards,

Michael

Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936
    P
    Many

?

That is a real nice early one.

?

Looks awesome, can I have it?

MAP
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    That is a real nice early one.
    Thanks Steve. I see this type of fabric on early visors. Do you know what it is called? Also, do you know anything about this maker?

If not, no worries.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rr1958 View Post
    Looks awesome, can I have it?
    Hey, I haven't even owned it for more than 6 hours yet!!!

Let me enjoy it at least until my wife finds out about it!

Michael

Tricut wool is what most collector reference call it some where on the cap forum here are examples of the different kinds that as posted in past. Nice cap I have tricot on EM and officer caps. There may be another name for it I just can't think of it. timothy

MAP
    ?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Tricut wool is what most collector reference call it some where on the cap forum here are examples of the different kinds that as posted in past. Nice cap I have tricot on EM and officer caps. There may be another name for it I just can't think of it. timothy
    Thanks Timothy!

Tricot it is!! Thanks!. Just like to document everything I buy so I'm always looking to fill the gaps for these annoying little detail.

Michael

?

That is a Beauty!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Hey, I haven't even owned it for more than 6 hours yet!!!

Let me enjoy it at least until my wife finds out about it!

Michael
    Nice to know I'm not the only one hiding my "stuff" from the wife. Somehow, they just don't understand our needs! Man I need one of those.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is a Beauty!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil. Don't think I will need to upgrade this one!

Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast