Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Panzer Visor cap?

Article about: Hi guys. What opinions about this visor? Thanks, Jurgen

Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap? To underscore what Bob writes above, if you deepen yourself in the literature of the time, the whole thrust of the thing is that of a shortage of skilled labor, and then the rigors of the Nazi controlled economy and price cutting against inflation, and then the onset of textile re priorities in the run up to war, and then, once the war takes hold, shortage on shortage. It is all easily read in Mollo.

Young persons today in rich countries cannot easily conceive of clothing being rationed and so forth.

Or of the impact on one's faculties of nights of bombing on end, as was the case, perhaps, when this cap was made.

When I was a young man, I read the diaries of persons in Kaiserslautern as they experienced 1943 and 1944 as the air war over Germany took hold.

It is more than sobering.

The upheaval from the Middle East intruding into Western Europe in the form of so much human tragedy reminds us of the impact of war in its variety.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Visor cap?
    P
    Many

Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap? wartime adverts from UM.

Notice here in the one advert the phrase "Ausweichbetrieb," which means a firm bombed out or otherwise relocated because of war....which had whatever effect on the quality of the product.

Thanks a lot for competent opinions!

Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?
    Quote by Jurgen Langmaler View Post
    Thanks a lot for competent opinions!
    Merry Christmas. If you send me the cap, I will give you what I think is a final answer, since I have to really look at it and smell it.

But, since such a journey is far, and I just lost over 600 Euros worth of books from Vienna to here in the post, I think your cap is real.

And you have received very expert help, indeed.

In payment for this subtle and even witty expertise, please join this site and support it.

Here are pics I meant to post earlier, as an edit to my post, but a bit of life got in the way, more snow shoveling, breakfast, etc...

This is a pic of the modern day thread glowing on a 1936 Luftwaffe issued Zeltbahn which has had a replacement button in that spot. This is a fairly good shot (and hard to get because the UV light causes the camera to focus strangely and cause color fringing) of the thread literally glowing, compared to the thread in the next button, which does not react at all. As I was saying, it's another good, and inexpensive, tool to have in your arsenal when collecting militaria.

Panzer Visor cap?

Panzer Visor cap?

As far as smell goes FB... ;-) I just picked up a set of MG13 pouches and over the neck belt (the seller had a bagfull and like a fool I only got one set (the nicest), but anyway before digressing further... these REEK to high heaven, I haven't smelled militaria this good in a long time!!!

My point is that if you were to get a hold of a bagful of highly pungent surplus like this and keep it locked up in a trunk, and put an item in there (hopefully no one dishonest is cruising this site), it would within a short time smell like the real deal. I plan to do just this when I pick up the rest of his pouches, and when I get an item that smells disgustingly like ultra scented laundry soap/drier sheets, etc that modern day households reek of... I plan on having this "smell rehabilitation chamber" available to rehabilitate items that don't smell like they should.

Now I have to go change a fuel pump on this truck, in the snow... before it starts to snow again.

Panzer Visor cap?
    Last edited by Larboard; 12-24-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks to all participants of discussion for competent and reasonable comments and the necessary councils!
    I by all means will use it.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Says Jurgen.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Notice here in the one advert the phrase "Ausweichbetrieb," which means a firm bombed out or otherwise relocated because of war....which had whatever effect on the quality of the product.
    And the third ad says "Verlagerungsbetrieb" which means the same.

I do hope the black caps didn't get lost on their way. I am about to work with the material purchased in Vienna, if I don't dislike the outcome too much I'll send you a photo.

?

I am late to thread but I do believe this to be an original and late war cap.
    Collectors assume that the the quality of caps remained as stellar in 1945 as in 1944. While the craftsmanship of these late war caps remained as exceptional as in the early war years and prior, the materials and textiles did not. There lies the answer on whether this cap is original: an in hand inspection on the crafting.
    Schellenberg is known for their late war caps being crude in materials, but that doesn't detract from the history, to be sure.

Panzer Visor cap?

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas,
    Patrick

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    And the third ad says "Verlagerungsbetrieb" which means the same.

I do hope the black caps didn't get lost on their way. I am about to work with the material purchased in Vienna, if I don't dislike the outcome too much I'll send you a photo.
    Thank you, Wolfgang. The black caps are all here and live with the others, but in a separate pile.
    If the raw material from Vienna turns out in the 60 cms, form, I will purchase it, too.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast