Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer visor cap has seen better days

Article about: This war weary example has seen better days. It was found in a house clearance wrapped in some camouflage material. It still smells a bit, but i like it. The liner has vanished, and i can no

?

Default Panzer visor cap has seen better days

This war weary example has seen better days. It was found in a house clearance wrapped in some camouflage material. It still smells a bit, but i like it.
    The liner has vanished, and i can not find any markings.
    Has anyone another example that i can compare it with, or any period photos.
    Any help would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer visor cap has seen better days   Panzer visor cap has seen better days  

Panzer visor cap has seen better days   Panzer visor cap has seen better days  

Panzer visor cap has seen better days  
    Last edited by TOBRUK; 01-09-2011 at 10:52 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer visor cap has seen better days
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer visor cap has seen better days

Sorry, but the hat is a reproduction.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a real Waffen SS cap with colored piping of the type this cap aspires to be, but is not.Panzer visor cap has seen better daysPanzer visor cap has seen better days
    This cap was the property of the Waffen SS officer Boehmer, which became part of the Mollo collection and now resides in a US collection, I think.

Such caps are very rare. Others appear in the Shea Beaver book, but appear like this piece.

SS caps with Waffenfarbe cause generalized insanity and panic.

You cannot get there from here without this book, which makes it all clear to me, at least....Panzer visor cap has seen better daysPanzer visor cap has seen better days

Among the many subtle and astounding things I have learned from my handbook for administrative officers of the Waffen SS is how enormously difficult it was to secure uniform items at the height of the war, other than from the quartermaster system in the event of loss in combat or mere friction of service.
    What most or nearly all collectors forget is how the rationing system worked, which is well described in this handbook. Such draws from that of the army, too, to the degree that I have come to be less skeptical about army caps made into SS caps, actually, at least in the transformation appears to be of the era.Panzer visor cap has seen better daysPanzer visor cap has seen better daysPanzer visor cap has seen better days

The cap above is a 110% genuine cap, that began its life as an SS cap.

This cap was mine (on table), but now it lives in Scandinavia....and it is happy there in the forest, apparently in a nice collection.Panzer visor cap has seen better daysPanzer visor cap has seen better days

An army Panzer cap as a contrast to the fake piece at the head of this thread.Panzer visor cap has seen better daysPanzer visor cap has seen better days

I am rather sorry that I sold it, actually. This is when my camera still worked, I saw well enough to use it and my hand was steady, too. All long gone....

?

I must say that i am sorry too. I better put a few more of my caps on this site for peace of mind. Thank You.

Quote by TOBRUK View Post
    I must say that i am sorry too. I better put a few more of my caps on this site for peace of mind. Thank You.
    I do not mean to impart bad news, but I am at pains to illustrate my generalizations with evidence to make my assertions clear.

bogus !