Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!

Article about: By the way, this book I found in Vienna about nearby Iglau is based on a cache of photos of the K.H. Frank personage, and it is an extremely interesting and impressive chronicle of this Mora

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I agree with Ben--we were getting nowhere with the owner of these Kaps. Some serious issues with them most of the hats he has been posting.

It does pain me that some @#&*! ruined perfectly good (and very rare) Kaps visors.
    It is a tragedy for all of us interested in these wonderful caps - and all just to make a buck or two Some people are just void of any sense of decency...

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn't put it in such strong words as that Kenneth.

It's just a shame that's all. I was hoping that we could start with the few poor photos and get to a point where most doubt was eliminated. Much like in the case of Andi's red piped SS Paul Kaps. No one gave that one a chance either to begin with but with the right photos and questions, we got there in the end.

It took many forum pages and quite a few photos but we turned it around from initial un-educated throw away comments to a serious discussion about all the details which make up an original Paul Kaps and which Andi's cap passed with flying colours.

There is no such opportunity with this General's Kaps due the owner but there you go. It's his cap so it's totaly his choice.

KSH
    ?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I wouldn't put it in such strong words as that Kenneth.

It's just a shame that's all. I was hoping that we could start with the few poor photos and get to a point where most doubt was eliminated. Much like in the case of Andi's red piped SS Paul Kaps. No one gave that one a chance either to begin with but with the right photos and questions, we got there in the end.

It took many forum pages and quite a few photos but we turned it around from initial un-educated throw away comments to a serious discussion about all the details which make up an original Paul Kaps and which Andi's cap passed with flying colours.

There is no such opportunity with this General's Kaps due the owner but there you go. It's his cap so it's totaly his choice.
    Ben, my comment above was only addressing the tragedy of real Kaps visors being destroyed (to make fake SS visors etc) as mentioned by Chris above. I should have clarified that more to avoid misunderstandings.

- Kenneth

?

Yes, I got your point.

My point is that you can't say that for certain and to be honest, I won't allow it here unless you or anyone else have 100% concrete proof of that.

KSH
    ?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Yes, I got your point.

My point is that you can't say that for certain and to be honest, I won't allow it here unless you or anyone else have 100% concrete proof of that.
    Now I'm confused Ben... I was simply reacting to this bit of information provided by stonemint here:

Quote by stonemint View Post
    It does pain me that some @#&*! ruined perfectly good (and very rare) Kaps visors.
    So to be honest and with all due respect I don't understand what you won't allow here, seeing as I was only responding to information already provided? Or did I misunderstand him utterly?

- Kenneth

?

To clarify, I don't agree with Chris' (Stonemint) comment about the subject hat being a construction made in part from a destroyed original Kaps visor. No one can say that for certain based on photos alone and Chris should know better, sorry Chris my friend.

I'm only coming down hard on this point because it's just not good practice to speculate.
    BBC news does it all the time and it annoys the hell out of me!

KSH
    ?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    To clarify, I don't agree with Chris' (Stonemint) comment about the subject hat being a construction made in part from a destroyed original Kaps visor. No one can say that for certain based on photos alone and Chris should know better, sorry Chris my friend.

I'm only coming down hard on this point because it's just not good practice to speculate. BBC news does it all the time and it annoys the hell out of me!
    I fully understand now where you're coming from, Ben - and now you understand all there was to my comment above. All cleared up!

- Kenneth

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Were we to sit around a table in one place like people used to do in former times and make such an analysis, to include sniffing and feeling said cap, we would all be seven leagues farther along than these odd digital slap fests, actually.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Were we to sit around a table in one place like people used to do in former times and make such an analysis, to include sniffing and feeling said cap, we would all be seven leagues farther along than these odd digital slap fests, actually.
    Absolutely. 2D images are a poor substitute for a cap in hand, but sometimes it is all that is available for the interested parties. We should however never forget or ignore the limitations posed by these "odd digital slap fests" (I must admire your sharp and witty tongue, F-B!).

- Kenneth

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!
    Quote by KSH View Post
    Absolutely. 2D images are a poor substitute for a cap in hand, but sometimes it is all that is available for the interested parties. We should however never forget or ignore the limitations posed by these "odd digital slap fests" (I must admire your sharp and witty tongue, F-B!).

- Kenneth
    Thanks. On the one hand, plainly, in the good old days, I could not have nice exchanges with smart young people in Norway about rotten old Nazi caps; but in the past (ca. 1974) , my colleagues and I would paw (see enclosure) the stupid things and brain storm as one does here to divine the thing, but the personal touch (ditto) ironed out the frictions that, today, are manifest in these often confrontational and disembodied inquiries and star chambers. I am all for the various senses (Hundezone above) in this thing, but in this case, I have no idea, really. One thing I do not like especially is the shape of the cap cover, but who knows....? It is also true in 1974 that the remade cap was the exception and not the norm that it is today.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast