Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!

Article about: By the way, this book I found in Vienna about nearby Iglau is based on a cache of photos of the K.H. Frank personage, and it is an extremely interesting and impressive chronicle of this Mora

Default Re: Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Not yet FB I'm afraid, I hound them on a weekly basis and I'm sure they are pretty fed up with me by now!

In response to your comment in my interest in the handicrafts, you once again hit the nail on the head. The source of my frustration with the thread subject Kaps example was the fact that the owner seemed oblivious or at least un-interested in questioning the sewing details of his hat. For me, that's akin to collecting Japanese swords and having no desire to know how they were made.
    It is a minority who is curious; only a fraction who seek the chronology, the cause and effect, and then struggle to make sense of the whole. Others want the III. Reich equivalent of the fetish object on the high street or worn by the celebrity of the moment in a witless and dorky process of imitation that cause some sort of primal response in the most lizard-like part of the brain in our colleagues.

You and I care about the past, about context, about the reality of these people in a way that most find irritating, incomprehensible, and, mark my words, too C O M P L I C A T E D for their weak minds. Further, the inquiry bulks too large with the "unknown unknowns," as well as imponderables in their number that are simply too alien. How sad, really.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!
    P
    Many

?

Whilst I'm talking about painters, I recently discovered this artist (Andrew Dillon) and have already bought one oil painting from him. He kindly sent me this image of his latest work which made my jaw drop to the floor, stunning! Sadly this one is a commision painting so I couldn't buy it.

This is true talent and skill. What's more, the guy is so humble about his talent, it really does put things into perspective.

Sorry, had to remove the painting for copyright reasons
    Last edited by BenVK; 12-04-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Very nice image, indeed. Thank you. Talent is a rare thing, and more so in a world in which people act as if they have same, but seldom ever really do.

All the best and happy pictures and stitches and knowledge, above all...

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    It is a minority who is curious; only a fraction who seek the chronology, the cause and effect, and then struggle to make sense of the whole. Further, the inquiry bulks too large with the "unknown unknowns," as well as imponderables in their number that are simply too alien.
    I've never thought about it in the same way but you are surely correct. "Too alien" for me would be to NOT question everything being written or taking it for granted without learning for oneself.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I've never thought about it in the same way but you are surely correct. "Too alien" for me would be to NOT question everything being written or taking it for granted without learning for oneself.
    This trait of yours assures that you will have a lot to teach us all, and any serious collector should take pleasure in your search.

In the meantime, I remain addicted to foetid woolens.

Thanks to Adrian for making this a nice place without too many pogroms and pie fights to no noble purpose.

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!Foetid and foetid.

?

After all that has been said, I post these images not for praise but just for the fact that the owner of the subject cap suggested on the other forum that I don't really know about Paul Kaps.

Silly man!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!   Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!  

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!   Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!  

Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!   Paul Kaps SS General's Schirmmeutze - potentially!  

There is no doubting it--Ben VK knows his Kaps!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

We praise you while we utter a needed pfui to the other personage as a Quatschkopf, surely. The Pionier cap is especially impressive. My Jaeger cap was very nice, too, actually. I sold it too easily, that's for sure.

?

The Pionier is the only one I kept out of the 3. It's not often you find a hat with velvet piping AND leather peak. Quite exceptional.

I have a funny story about it though. A few years ago I was due to visit my Mum for Christmas. She had been on the phone before hand asking what I'd been up to. I told her that I had found the most amazing German hat so she said that I should bring it along to show her. I took it to her house that Christmas and she looked at it and said "disgusting! why are you interested in this Nazi stuff?"
    Last edited by BenVK; 12-03-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast