Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze

Article about: From one of my distinguished pen pals, Mr Paul Sack, come these images of an early grey SS cap with the runic interior, something we don't see too much, the bulk of such early caps being for

?

Thanks to Mr. Paul Sack for sharing the images of his cap and thanks also to F-B for presenting it here and placing it in context. I really like the Bauer images of the visiting TK officer. Members of the LAH were some of the first to use the grey caps if I'm not mistaken.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Thanks to all for the further contributions.

The Hoheitszeichen is in wrong place, actually, and the shiny badges were intended for the black cap, but who cares?
    This piece seems right to me, and the Overhoff Totenschaedel in this model is an exception, too.

?

The LAH in feldgrau, late 1935.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze   Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze  

Thanks, Ben. In the multii volume history of the LAH from the 1970s, the statement is made in a unit diary that the field grey Montur was issued in the course of mid 1935, I think.
    Thanks to all. Ben's images are part of a larger reportage in the press on AH's visit to Lichterfelde at the end of the year.

- - Updated - -

Mr. d'Alquen showed us many of these images awhile back, to include the quartermaster stores with piles of grey and black woolens.

Today the barracks in the Finckensteinallee at Lichterfelde houses the Federal Archives, where many of the sources on Uniformkunde, regalia, and such can be found.

The LAH were indeed the first to be officially kitted out in field grey in 1935, but various elements of the Politische Bereitschaften were wearing grey caps in 1934.
    d'Alquen

I collect insignia as of yet i dont own any visors,But i do like the what i see.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The LAH were indeed the first to be officially kitted out in field grey in 1935, but various elements of the Politische Bereitschaften were wearing grey caps in 1934.
    d'Alquen
    Thank you. We have indeed been over this ground before, but it bears repeating in the face of new material, i.e. Mr Sack's cap.

I missed this thread first time around. Avery rarely seen piece of SS headgear from one of the best headgear collections in the world.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast