Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pionier Enlisted Visor Caps

Article about: stonemint told me that the cloth headgear forum needs fresh blood and that I should post more hats. With that in mind I pulled out these two enlisted Pionier visors. I recently read Jason D

TWS
    ?

Default Pionier Enlisted Visor Caps

stonemint told me that the cloth headgear forum needs fresh blood and that I should post more hats.

With that in mind I pulled out these two enlisted Pionier visors. I recently read Jason D Mark's excellent book on Pionier Batallion 305 so I was in a Pionier frame of mind. One is extremely early (December '34) with the lighter cap band and the owner (or someone) replaced the 1st pattern insignia with later insignia hardware. Not uncommon because some troops wanted to have the latest fashion. Anyway, I hope our membership enjoys a peek.

Pionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor CapsPionier Enlisted Visor Caps
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pionier Enlisted Visor Caps
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice set with fantastic markings Todd!!!

Nice early examples too. I have an early pioneers as well but not as well marked as yours.

Have you ever tried calling the phone number listed on the sweat band?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice set with fantastic markings Todd!!!

Nice early examples too. I have an early pioneers as well but not as well marked as yours.

Have you ever tried calling the phone number listed on the sweat band?
    Thanks! Yeah, I've thought about calling that number.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I've thought about calling that number.
    Was thinking maybe they had some new old stock in the back of the warehouse
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Todd, thanks for posting these as well--most do not realize that Pioneer is actually a hard piping to find, especially marked examples....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Todd, thanks for posting these as well--most do not realize that Pioneer is actually a hard piping to find, especially marked examples....
    Yes sir. The unmarked one came with a parade tunic to Pi Btl 5. When I found the one marked to Pi Btl 7... a first wave division (7. ID) formed in 1935... I knew it had to be mine.
    I just realized that in the photos it's not very apparent but in person the cap band is definitely the earlier lighter color. Just didn't come out in my poor photography.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."