Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

portable black light

Article about: Newbie here went to my local gun shop to check out a ss side cap that look to good to be true and it was my brand new portable black light showed all of th evil doings my question how about

Default Re: portable black light

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    I agree with Templehof, the black light test is superb for testing paper items, but with cloth pieces it is something that can help (sometimes), nothing more.

Regards,

Carl
    At last I have found a collector who is using common sense about the almighty black light.The light is a tool,nothing more and years back dealers with this damn light were putting down 100% original pieces.Realize this collectors when these pieces were washed out on the field the soap powders were loaded with phosphates and would glow like the sun after the washing!!Also using a tailor with the chemicals to dry clean a tunic or any type of uniform would produce the same results!!Please pickup a copy of 'THE MILITARY ADVISOR'.The copy you need is Volume III,NUMBER4,Fall 1992.This is a Bender publication and you can go online and you will see all the Advisors available or call 1-408-225-5777.You can write them at R.James Bender Publishing,PO BOX 23456,SAN JOSE,CA. 95153.Get this before you get all bent out of shape over this light which again its not the Holy Grail and never was!! The article is the best I have seen and any newbie,etc. will understand about this light!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement portable black light
    P
    Many

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    At last I have found a collector who is using common sense about the almighty black light.The light is a tool,nothing more and years back dealers with this damn light were putting down 100% original pieces.Realize this collectors when these pieces were washed out on the field the soap powders were loaded with phosphates and would glow like the sun after the washing!!Also using a tailor with the chemicals to dry clean a tunic or any type of uniform would produce the same results!!Please pickup a copy of 'THE MILITARY ADVISOR'.The copy you need is Volume III,NUMBER4,Fall 1992.This is a Bender publication and you can go online and you will see all the Advisors available or call 1-408-225-5777.You can write them at R.James Bender Publishing,PO BOX 23456,SAN JOSE,CA. 95153.Get this before you get all bent out of shape over this light which again its not the Holy Grail and never was!! The article is the best I have seen and any newbie,etc. will understand about this light!!!!!
    I agree when it comes to tunics. However, with regard to visor hats, the rule (as far as I am concerned) is absolute for anything white--specifically white piping; the padding; the gauze; & the thread core of bullion insignia/cords. Unlike tunics, visor hats were not dry-cleaned.

My motto is "if it glows, it goes."
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Sound analysis from my colleague in California. The search for some dazzling short cut as well as the stellar bargain usually ends in humiliation.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I agree when it comes to tunics. However, with regard to visor hats, the rule (as far as I am concerned) is absolute for anything white--specifically white piping; the padding; the gauze; & the thread core of bullion insignia/cords. Unlike tunics, visor hats were not dry-cleaned.

My motto is "if it glows, it goes."

Following up on what I stated above, here is an example of what I am talking about when it comes to bullion insignia. The one in front is a fake, as compared to the one on the hat, which is real.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture portable black light  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Hello
    I used to take my gear into work at lunchtime to test on an industrial machine but today these incredible computer microscopes may appear to be the ticket on a whole range of collectibles for me you simply cannot beat a simple loupe, a good one and it'll last a lifetime and become your best pocket handy collect friend. On the UV test different lights require different techniques regarding industrial on something questionable guess what was the final 'judge'..... a microscope.

'The eye bone is connected brain bone the brain bone is connected to...ummmm your own personal opinion inner knowledge files' ...:

Best
    Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Hello
    I used to take my gear into work at lunchtime to test on an industrial machine but today these incredible computer microscopes may appear to be the ticket on a whole range of collectibles for me you simply cannot beat a simple loupe, a good one and it'll last a lifetime and become your best pocket handy collect friend. On the UV test different lights require different techniques regarding industrial on something questionable guess what was the final 'judge'..... a microscope.

'The eye bone is connected brain bone the brain bone is connected to...ummmm your own personal opinion inner knowledge files' ...:

Best
    Eric
    That's using the gray matter!I know a collector who thinks the same way!I won't go back to my original post suffice to say I have fine books on the blacklight and they don't say the blacklight is the definitive tool for originality!!Good hunting Eric.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2