Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?

Article about: Gentlemen, it would be possible to identify the manufacturer from the photographs ?? Any leads would be seen ?? You think the eagle and wreath were replaced? Thank you very much and I await

We are blessed with Wolfgang's intelligence and energy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?
    P
    Many

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hello Astrath,

to your question, that is what I mean with handsewn seam (in the first picture you can see how the grey fabric is fixed to the cap band with big stiches which is very unusual):

Attachment 928118

The second picture shows the seam that fixes sweatband and peak to the visor, which is not that unusual:

Attachment 928121

compare to a machine sewn seam:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...p-dscf5529.jpg

On F.-B.'s picture: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...enmacher02.jpg you can see a device for measuring cap sizes btw.
    Sensational this information, but you think it can be bad, that is, any forgery or alteration made after the war ???
    I appreciate your time and dedication, thank you.

its a beautiful cap.

Perhaps the workshop cap was made this high level even in the pre-war machines were even when the material was used for the preparation of good quality.

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?"The RZM code was applied to hats of all styles ???
    If so, it was only after 1939 ???"

We have many threads on this topic, but in a word, the RZM license was for NSDAP and its branches, ie. the PL, the SA, the SS and so forth. An army cap, as you show, would have required no license of this type.

The RZM tag, as such, more or less emerged in 1933-1934. The RZM itself emerged at the end of 1928 out of the SA quartermaster system.

A law of late 1934, the so called Heimtuecke Gesetz, mandated the RZM marking of items of uniform.

?

Quote by Astrath View Post
    Sensational this information, but you think it can be bad, that is, any forgery or alteration made after the war ???
    I appreciate your time and dedication, thank you.
    No, I don't think so. I possess an early Erel to which the peak is also handsewn.

Of course peaks which came off sometimes were fixed by hand, also after the war. Simply check the peak, those which were resewn by hand are easily identified (there are "empty" holes as you wouldn't use every hole caused by a sewing machine simply to fix a peak to a cap except if you want a "perfect" repair - cp. to the link of the machine sewn peak and think of the time it would take to fill every hole with a stich).

I concur with Harry, a very nice cap indeed

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    No, I don't think so. I possess an early Erel to which the peak is also handsewn.

Of course peaks which came off sometimes were fixed by hand, also after the war. Simply check the peak, those which were resewn by hand are easily identified (there are "empty" holes as you wouldn't use every hole caused by a sewing machine simply to fix a peak to a cap except if you want a "perfect" repair - cp. to the link of the machine sewn peak and think of the time it would take to fill every hole with a stich).
    Got I, perfect, I never imagined it was to learn as much with a cap, excuse my ignorance, but it is very difficult to understand all this, even though some English, because the technical terms used are entering slowly in my mind. I'm impressed as a single item can lead us to an enormous learning. Simply lovely.
    Thank you, I'm really very happy with all this, I shall give something to the monthly forum, as it may never end.
    Thank you so much.

It is awfully complicated, but you are plainly an intelligent man and then ask us all questions. You are also a man of good manners, which makes the task a lot more pleasant than being barked at and otherwise hectored as too often happens.

Wolfgang is a very fine member and a person of the finest learning and insight.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    It is awfully complicated, but you are plainly an intelligent man and then ask us all questions. You are also a man of good manners, which makes the task a lot more pleasant than being barked at and otherwise hectored as too often happens.

Wolfgang is a very fine member and a person of the finest learning and insight.

Yes, I am really fascinated by all this, sorry that my holidays end the 30th, and I will not have much time to see all the posts and forums of the site, tonight will be looking all over the building forum and caps factories posted by you and Stonemint.
    I just have to thank all of you, if you ever want I can send an excellent bottle of the famous Brazilian drink called "spirit" or "rum," a sugarcane distillate would be pleased to send you.
    Thank you so much.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast