Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Post Your Best of 2015!

Article about: It's that time of year again--post your best (or favorite) German soft headgear that you acquired in 2015! Mine was easy--a mint Officer visor for Leibhusaren Rgt #2:

Quote by Sykes27f View Post
    Apologies - slight misreading of thread - afraid you got more than just my 2015 SOFT headgear acquisitions! Sorry.
    We celebrate all you have acquired. I grossly overspent in 2015, of that you can be certain.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Best of 2015!
    P
    Many

Thank you FB; that makes -at least- two of us! And I must pay tribute to Larboard's post for I too keep my passions and collecting to myself - the wife is very tolerant for she is a collector of china and furniture, but otherwise this forum is a real godsend for giving me the chance to share and learn from fellow-enthusiasts.
    Here's to an even more successful 2016 (and to ever-more tolerant spouses)

?

Default FSP Visor

My only purchase for the year....an elusive Black Banded FSP Officers visor.
    Post Your Best of 2015!

Another one i picked up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Best of 2015!   Post Your Best of 2015!  

Post Your Best of 2015!   Post Your Best of 2015!  

I have had around 10 of these over the years, but this was the best one I ever scored.
    It is an Ordensburgen visor from the Vogelsang hoard by CW:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Best of 2015!  
    Last edited by stonemint; 12-13-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Well, it would have to be this one, my new pride and joy!

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Best of 2015!   Post Your Best of 2015!  

Post Your Best of 2015!   Post Your Best of 2015!  

Post was repeated just below while I thought I was editing (?).
    Last edited by Larboard; 12-14-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Top notch! What else can you say... a superb example!!!

Oddly enough (I'm a very lukewarm Luftwaffe collector) but I have a tentative Luft Flak NCO cap in the works, could still make the 2015 roster It's a neat looking one, I need to remind myself to post pics in the authentication forum today (sometime between woodcutting and filling sandbags down by the lake in preparation for the spring floods), although it's from a pretty wise older collector and looks 100% good.

I've taken the liberty to flip your last picture around, and also cropped the center, resized to 640x480 and sharpened. Neat cap!

Post Your Best of 2015!

Post Your Best of 2015!

Good lord, is that the Hermann Göring division?

I think you see the roman numeral I for erste Garnitur, and then a battery in the 1st btl. of Regiment General Goering ca. 1938, with the white piping. Someone else knows better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast