Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post Your Faves of 2019!

Article about: Gents, another year is almost upon us (unbelievable as it may seem!). Show your favorite acquisitions of 2019--as many as you want, as long as it is soft headgear. Also, it can be any era, a

Default Post Your Faves of 2019!

Gents, another year is almost upon us (unbelievable as it may seem!).
    Show your favorite acquisitions of 2019--as many as you want, as long as it is soft headgear.
    Also, it can be any era, as long as soft headear (sorry, no helmets).
    Feel free to post away!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Faves of 2019!
    P
    Many

?

I love my new Luftwaffe winter cap........

LINK: Luftwaffe Winter Fur Cap

Post Your Faves of 2019!

Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!

Post Your Faves of 2019!

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I love my new Luftwaffe winter cap........

LINK: Luftwaffe Winter Fur Cap

Post Your Faves of 2019!

Post Your Faves of 2019!
    AWESOME piece Aldo!

2019 has been my best year since the pre-Great Recession era of acquisitions.
    I was finally able to score a Diplo visor that met my stringent requirements:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Faves of 2019!  

A humble field cap. I was searching for something that had not been messed with and did not have "hand applied" insignia. One thing that I liked about this example is the paper clip attached to the crown to give it a "pinched" look. It displays great because of this little addition. Neil

Post Your Faves of 2019!

Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!

Probably my 2nd fave--a mint Erel General Staff/Veterinarian:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Faves of 2019!  

MAP
    ?

Great stuff! Love the Diplo!

Sadly, no soft headgear for me this year
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

This one had its own thread a few months ago when I acquired it, but it is one of my faves from this year so I'll post it here too.

Gerhard Strien was a Gefreiter and reserve officer candidate in Aufklärungs - Abteilung 29 of the 29. Infanterie Division. He fell in battle during the invasion of France on 18 June, 1940. His parents evidently kept both his visor cap and a newspaper clipping of his death announcement.

The announcement roughly says "Our deeply beloved and only son, Gerhard Strien Gefreiter and reserve officer candidate in a reconnaissance battalion fell on 18 June 1940 at the age of 20 on the earth of France. He took our big hopes and our joy with him. In deep pain, Gustav Strien and wife Elsa (maiden name Klöppel)."

It's easy to hold the clipping and imagine their pain as they gazed on this very same piece of paper 79 years ago.

Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Here's another. Also named. A Recruiting and Replacement Command NCO/Enlisted visor cap. Private purchase Erel to Unteroffizier Mueller distributed by Wilhelm Hoffmann out of Glogau. The piping color in dim light looks close to Artillery and a further misdirection is Mueller's field unit of Artillery Regiment 9, but the color is definitely orange. I grabbed an artillery cap off my display shelf to show the difference.
    Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

One more that I really dig and to show I don't just build pyramids out of visor caps in the war room when I'm bored.

Early (pre-1938 if my limited knowledge of these serves) example of a officer upgraded issue Bergmütze. The unit property stamp inside is to the anti-tank battalion of the 1st GJ Division. Which is great because it goes semi-well with my officer upgraded GJR 99 (also 1st GJ Division) issue tunic and my early Berghose (GJ trousers).
    Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!Post Your Faves of 2019!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast