Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Article about: by stonemint This would be my idea of a treasure chest: (credit:GMIC) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Default Re: Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!This cap was made by the same maker, and was the property of Rommel's driver. I sold it. The piping was garish in its color and width, and against regulations, something which was also entirely normal for cavalry officers in the old armies, as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!
    P
    Many

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!
    Quote by stonemint View Post
    I know the Kaiserreich purists snub their noses at KR visors made during the TR, but the quality & shape is light-years beyond 1918:
    The quality of anything in 1918 in Germany was pretty abysmal granted the effects of total war, the British blockade, rationing by the military government of Hindenburg and Ludendorff, and the onset of general hunger.Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Quote by spandau View Post
    Here's a group shot of the caps in order of appearance.......

top right begins with 1871 all way to the bottom shelf and the end of the Second Reich in 1918.

The reason for the space.....I'm still looking for one elusive visor to complete my collection of this era

Attachment 261721

If anyone is wondering.....The tunic is an engineer officers walking out dress circa 1927 onwards. I like it because it's wearer served across the time period I collect caps for. he served in the kaiser's army, stayed in the reichswehr and as the tunic has post 1936 collar tabs and an embroidered breast eagle kept on going upto WW2.

cheers

tony
    Very impressive collection. Congratulations.

DOVA did exist during the KR. They appear to have been an early version of the OKK, and put out multiple catalogs, and one could have a membership card. The symbol is a combined anchor/sword, reflecting the army and navy:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!   Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

Attached Images Attached Images Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear! 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

These publications are sure to be a treasure trove of information.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

?

It's actualy quite astonishing how many weekly/monthly publications regarding a thousand different topics were published in Germany between the turn of the century and 45.
    All very high quality as well with lots of full spread photos.

We all assume that Life magazine was the forerunner of such publications but it's not true..

KSH
    ?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's actualy quite astonishing how many weekly/monthly publications regarding a thousand different topics were published in Germany between the turn of the century and 45.

We all assume that Life magazine was the forerunner of such publications but it's not true..
    Indeed - too bad I can't make out much of the front pages because of the resolution. A bit about "The Red Russia" is some of the fragments visible to my eyes. The Russian revolution and its aftermath of course was a very hot topic in Germany at this time.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

here's my new cap. a 1908 pattern field cap for medical personnel. It's a pork pie cap with peak and chinstrap. they were made without sweatbands.

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

cheers

tony

Quote by BenVK View Post

Life magazine in 1936 was a copy of European illustrated weeklies, of which the Germans were pioneers, but also in the UK. However, Life surely did not invent the genre at all. However, in its day, Life was as good as the German illustrated weeklies.
    The amount of periodicals and books in Germany remains a great pleasure to this correspondent.

Quote by spandau View Post
    here's my new cap. a 1908 pattern field cap for medical personnel. It's a pork pie cap with peak and chinstrap. they were made without sweatbands.

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

cheers

tony
    very nice cap.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast