Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pow 43 cap

Article about: Hello the cap team, I would like your eyes in this Pow 43 cap... thanks for your visit Seba.

Default Pow 43 cap

Hello the cap team,

I would like your eyes in this Pow 43 cap...
    thanks for your visit
    Seba.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pow 43 cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pow 43 cap

Nobody ?

?

I like it and I would say it was heavily worn in a POW camp. Is that a bit of helmet liner stitched in the inside?

I am surprised no one else replied. A fake bright yellow helmet shell would get three pages in replies and this cap only one?

Cheers, Pat

?

It odd I'll say that it is the only one that I have seen, in the german pow camps it would be normal for this to be that heavily worn from working. My father told me that his father would see the germans from a pow camp near were a live walk past his house every day in german uniforms were they worked at a mill. It was common for the germans to wear this stuff till it fell apart what are the buttons on the m-43

Hi Seb

Looks all ok to me, nice original cap with a few "modifications" by the man in the field. Why not ? I have a m43 with similar buttons.

What makes you think pow ? No reason that its not just wondered.

cheers

tony

Thanks Pat, Jerry, Gel and Tony for your nice answers, I apreciate...

Pat, I will post more detail comming soon...

What makes you think pow ? No reason that its not just wondered.
    Good question Tony, first the trap insigna is not visible since a long time, the cap has been a second life after the war for sure... second, I can see paint marks on the wool, I had 2 other 43 caps with these " painting job" certenly a pow work

and yes a button is not the first original, a post war restoration or maybe in period, I dont know...

I will add a salty trap when I will have...
    thanks all
    Seba

?

Interesting item. I bought this stripped SS overseas cap about 15 years ago from Stewarts militaria out of Arizona. He had a box full of caps and he said they all came from a POW camp. Most of them were Heer and Luftwaffe but I think there were 3-4 SS. This was the nicest one but I wish I had bought all them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pow 43 cap   Pow 43 cap  

Pow 43 cap  

Wonderful cap... mine in same condition...

Pow 43 capPow 43 cap

I like the cap, seems to be well made and heavily use, with some modifications.
    Impossible to know if they were wartime or post war, but still a nice cap.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Many thanks Nuno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast