Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze

Article about: by stonemint There is also an Admin visor by Welhausen on Shea's site. Contrary to what Shea says, I do not believe this one is a late-war cap, but it is a wartime example. This type of viso

KSH
    ?

Default Re: A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze

Quote by spandau View Post
    KSH

Best thread I have seen for a long time. Superb research and information content. Fabulous cap and history of its "past"...all the components of a great post.

Thank you for sharing.

cheers

tony
    Thank you - I am glad that you enjoyed my thread, Tony! I only wish I could make threads like this one once a week

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze

Quote by KSH View Post
    Thank you - I am glad that you enjoyed my thread, Tony! I only wish I could make threads like this one once a week

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    I wish you could too. Threads like this certainly beat the "Is it real and how much is it worth" type fare.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Kenneth, that Schirmmütze is undeniably one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. What a fantastic shape. I'm inspired to add to my lone example.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Really enjoyed this informative thread. It was a pleasure to read and learn.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Kenneth, that Schirmmütze is undeniably one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. What a fantastic shape. I'm inspired to add to my lone example.
    The Welhausen caps are quite something of their own! Well Adrian, since you find yourself inspired by this cap - the Collector's Guild has a Panzer Welhausen visor cap at bargain price, just 4000 dollars and then some

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Congratulations. A very nice object, vastly more interesting than all this Lubstein nonsense. I sorely miss the Wellhausen cap I bought as a pup so many years ago, surely.
    Viel Sammlerglueck to you.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I wish you could too. Threads like this certainly beat the "Is it real and how much is it worth" type fare.

Cheers, Ade.
    How very true. Our Norwegian colleague has something noteworthy and interesting.

Beautiful cap with a 'no-nonsense' look. This officer had some taste.........
    Regards,

Steve.

There is also an Admin visor by Welhausen on Shea's site. Contrary to what Shea says, I do not believe this one is a late-war cap, but it is a wartime example. This type of visor is common to many Welhausens--it is a thin composite material, and they are placed at a rakish angle to the hat.

The cords are also original imho--Welhausen used thicker cords on their visors.

HG-10c Army Administration Officer's Private Purchase Visor Cap
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Congratulations. A very nice object, vastly more interesting than all this Lubstein nonsense. I sorely miss the Wellhausen cap I bought as a pup so many years ago, surely.
    Viel Sammlerglueck to you.
    Thank you - I reckon there are 100 Lubsteins/eReLs (at least) for every single Welhausen out there... Construction-wise I was especially impressed to find the springs I did describe above - I did not expect that. A masterpiece indeed it is.

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast