Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze

Article about: by stonemint There is also an Admin visor by Welhausen on Shea's site. Contrary to what Shea says, I do not believe this one is a late-war cap, but it is a wartime example. This type of viso

Default Re: A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I nearly did buy it when I saw the price on the main page, 330 euro!
    The wizards here would charge triple and more, you know. It is a very attractive cap. I would buy it, but I am too busy buying other junk at the moment. I miss my Wellhausen cap, and it did not have a leather peak at all......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-02-2012 at 05:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    I was half way through an email saying that I will buy it when I thought I would ask Kenneth and check the cap section. It seems like the price was from a diffrent cap that sold. Perhaps this was an Aprils fools trick?
    The April fool's tricks are proliferating. One of you should buy it in any case. You won't see such a nice piece in a while, and it is much nicer than these eReL thingies.

A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's SchirmmützeA presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's SchirmmützeHere is a cap of mine of which I am proud, it has a nice leather peak and is a Mueller general staff cap.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The April fool's tricks are proliferating. One of you should buy it in any case. You won't see such a nice piece in a while, and it is much nicer than these eReL thingies.
    I assure you that If I had the money I would definatley buy that wellhausen cap for sale. But I dont have that money. Pity. I too, hope that somone gets that cap.

Cheers, Pat

KSH
    ?

Here is a cap of mine of which I am proud

And rightly so, I may add. Despite the fact that it lacks the cockade with the silly hole in it...

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:12 PM.

?

Not just one nice 'Schirmmütze' in this thread but several.
    I do not sense a lot of love for the collectors of chrusher caps here...
    To each his own.
    I certainly appreciate the 'untouched' peaked caps still with wire inside, but also like the crusher caps let alone the one-off caps like that special one which ErichK once posted a thread about here in the forum. Each has a different story.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    This is the highest quality schirmmuetze that I've ever seen.

It might not look too special now, being all bent out of shape and mothed but let me assure you, the quality is superb.
    I've never seen another by this maker and the logo design is none too inspiring but you have to look past all that and concentrate on the details.
    Not one stitch out of place on this hat and the sweatband is a work of art. It doesn't overlap at the back, the ends meet in a perfect join. To achieve this is beyond the usual skills. Also, look at the sweatband details, it has a padded strip sewn onto the band itself and the little perforated circle designs are exquisite.
    Another one that I offered for sale a few years back but had no interest!
    So, is it still for sale?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Not just one nice 'Schirmmütze' in this thread but several.
    To each his own.
    I certainly appreciate the 'untouched' peaked caps still with wire inside, but also like the crusher caps let alone the one-off caps like that special one which ErichK once posted a thread about here in the forum. Each has a different story.

So, is it still for sale?
    We think field caps are wonderful. I think some of us do not care about Lubstein caps as much as others, but I like field caps and recognize their rarity and special appeal.

Some of us have been working these threads for the better part of a decade, and look with some skepticism on group think and pack behavior, especially when such leads to the neglect and disregard for items of equal or greater historical interest.

I owned a Wellhausen cap in 1971, which I bought for 35 dollars and it is in a book, where it reminds me of being eighteen years old and also of the potential and promise of all of this in a simpler time.

You will warrant me my nostalgia.

But, as ever, as you yourself write: to each his own. A fine motto.

Happy hats.

[QUOTE=Scout;523522]Not just one nice 'Schirmmütze' in this thread but several.
    To each his own.

I agree with F-B, an excellent choice for a motto:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

We think field caps are wonderful. I think some of us do not care about Lubstein caps as much as others, but I like field caps and recognize their rarity and special appeal.

Some of us have been working these threads for the better part of a decade, and look with some skepticism on group think and pack behavior, especially when such leads to the neglect and disregard for items of equal or greater historical interest.

I owned a Wellhausen cap in 1971, which I bought for 35 dollars and it is in a book, where it reminds me of being eighteen years old and also of the potential and promise of all of this in a simpler time.

You will warrant me my nostalgia.

But, as ever, as you yourself write: to each his own. A fine motto.

Happy hats.
    Nostalgia is fine with me.

Pack mentality on the other hand is somehting I loathe.

A presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's SchirmmützeA presentation of my prewar Wilhelm Welhausen Pionier officer's Schirmmütze
    Quote by Scout View Post
    Nostalgia is fine with me.

Pack mentality on the other hand is somehting I loathe.

I must find the entry from the Bavarian auction catalog (item 251) where I bought my first field cap for an army infantry officer ca. 1972. Prices were DMs, of course. Exchange was 3 or 2.5 DMs to the dollar, as I recall. It was very nice piece, and I traded it away for a black SS tunic. I traded seven or so caps, I think.

The Wellhausen cap was among them....so someone should buy this infantry cap at the head of this file with the leather peak for a throw away price....!!

Said catalog gives away my age, and suggests that I am not making it up when I say I have been doing this for a long time.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-02-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast