Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: A private purchase S S officer's visor cap. The sweat shield not only bears the maker's logo but also the name and address of the distributer in Vienna. The cap is a classic example of this

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Private Purchase S S Officer's Visor Cap

A nother great item

2. # ADS

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    She was possibly the most beautiful brunettte IMHO to ever be in the movies. The scene at the end of the movie when she walks past the 'waiting' Joseph Cotten crushes you; at least it did me..........
    I was just in the Wiener Zentral Friedhof where the scene unfolds. Such a thing is typical enough in life that the woman scorns you. I think the actress was an Italian who lived in the UK. I have to look up her name.

The Russians are out in force in Vienna today and not confined to the 2d district by any means. What a difference in sixty years time from when Graham Greene and Alexander Korda made the film.

The taxi driver to the airport over charged me by sixteen bucks, but I enjoyed my time there as ever.

Happy collecting.

nice color

Alida Valli was the daughter of an Austrian father and Italian mother. She was born in an area of Italy that today is part of Croatia. After refusing to make movies for Facist Italy, she went in to hiding until the end of the war. An irony of her life is that her mother was executed by anti facist forces in 1945. She worked in mainly Italian films through 2002. She died in April, 2006, several weeks short of her 84th birthday. This is the biggest swing in a thread I have ever seen. A private purchase S S visor cap to a beautiful movie star.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Dear Colleague, thank you for looking up her name. I knew it, but I am jet lagged. I did not know she was Italian and Croatian. That is a very good combination, really. The Adriatic is such a nice place.

We mean no offense to your fine cap, but its maker's address is also cause for a certain romanticism.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    This is the biggest swing in a thread I have ever seen. A private purchase S S visor cap to a beautiful movie star.
    Beauty is beauty is beauty....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2